saturday goes well with rösti

'ning

nippy but should be dry

ride cafes and laze, need to sort some stuff out, laze more
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Heading north east to MiL's. Unsure whether to crack out the bicycle.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,194
    Greetings pilgrims

Stunning morning. I'll wait until the sun takes the chill out of the air and the damp off the roads.

It's world gorilla day. That should please 'Loon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Taking OH to hospital to get heart monitor fitted for the wkend due to ongoing dizzy spells.

What's all that about?
    oxoman said:

...retail therapy...

What's all that about? Don't forget your handbag.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,044
    Morning,

Decent lie in had as was on Dad this duty for junior last night. Its her 21st today so she's off out again - fortunately no taxi support needed so will have a cider or two.

Back is feeling a bit better so need to get a few things done - slowly. Starting Starting with checking juniors car over as she's headed back to Liverpool tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    Morning folks,
    Not such a slow start today as had to sort a couple of things before the lad arrived. It's also his birthday today. Off out shortly for what will be a boozy lunch for a mate's 60th, lad and gf are coming too.
    Happy birthday to stropyoof, hope she's not too hungover for the drive north. Lad's heading back to Brum tomorrow, setting off late to get the booze out of his system.
    Hope all turns out ok for the EPO Oxo, mine is going through similar. Hopefully they will get it sorted for both of them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,116
    Happy birthday to the former stropyouth. Good luck mrs Oxo

Got manflu but still managed to crush everyone at the local pubs 5k

Probably pub and random tandem followed by out in town with friends
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Good luck with the OH situation oxo. ECG to happen I guess.

Sunny and pleasant here. Ride? No, carry on fettling Stuff. Get as much done outside as poss while the conditions permit. 1/2 way through silicone-ing new garage roof edge lines, it's so almost flat water hangs about rather than straight runoff so if windy...
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Sunny and pleasant here. Ride? Yes, carry on fettling Stuff later. Get as much cycling done outside while the conditions permit.

So there.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Hello

Good luck to Mrs O and birthday felicitations to all.

MF went out for a ride and is now drinking coffee.

TDV is making bread

It is nice and quiet.

Bike cleaning is up next then shower, lunch, snooze.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Birthday cake for stroptwentysomething. 🎂

Hope it's something simple for Mrs Oxo.

I eschewed my bicycle in favour of a 45 min "under overs" session on the peloton. Probably better for my fitness, but blimey it was gruesome.

Drove over to MiL instead. Had a big plate of curry and a bowl of lemon pud.

There's a feckin nail in my tyre. It's been going down to 15 psi for a while, and pumping it up today I finally saw the culprit. Those tank tyres are not cheap.
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks All, she's accepted our pressies and pushed off with her mates for the rest of the day...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    That looks a lot healthier than my day, hic...
  • Stevo_666

Ditto, now on vino flavoured pain killers.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Stevo_666 said:

I'm on regular flavoured ones. Hopefully it's just due to being out in the cold and wind all day.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2022
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'm on regular flavoured ones. Hopefully it's just due to being out in the cold and wind all day.
    I prefer mine to Ibuprofen amd Cocodamol.

Better cold and wind than having a knackered back and thinking it's sorted...though had to give juniors car the once over before she drives back to Liverpool tomorrow, which probably didn't help.
  • veronese68
    You'll sleep better knowing stropyoof's car is ok than you would fretting about it, bad back or not. I've stumbled back home from all the way over the road. Lad won't be back for a while methinks. EPO was just saying it's the first time he's been able to go out and celebrate his birthday properly for some years.
  • Stevo_666

You'll sleep better knowing stropyoof's car is ok than you would fretting about it, bad back or not. I've stumbled back home from all the way over the road. Lad won't be back for a while methinks. EPO was just saying it's the first time he's been able to go out and celebrate his birthday properly for some years.

Happy birthday V98...

Will take tomorrow easy as both ladies are headed to Scouserpool. But ****ing hell, lying flat to stay comfortable is bloody tedious.