Shimano 1way bleed Deore caliper How to?!

Hello all,

I have just bought a Deore front caliper (BR-M6100) for my 2017 Whyte 905. It is a one way bleed. I have searche on youtube how to do the bleed...googled it...nothing comes up.

Are there any videos or information out there to show how to do a one way bleed on this caliper?!

...also...is it possible to just unscrew old hydraulic fluid line with rose and insert it into the new caliper and tighten or does it need a new rose and nut etc?

Please give me your thoughts :-)

Cheers, Jb.

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited September 2022
    Bleed as you would normally with whichever method you usually do.

A 'One way bleed' caliper doesn't require a specific bleed method, it's to do with the route the fluid takes through the caliper so less chance of air being trapped compared to previous caliper designs:-

https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/technologies/component/details/one-way-bleeding.html

The black compression nut can be reused if you want/need to, no problem.

Shimano recomends replacing an olive and insert every time hoses are disconnected. I might consider reusing the same hose fittings then keep and eye out for leaks afterwards on a lever connection.

On the caliper end I'd definately chop off and fit a new (BH59 or BH90 depending on the hose you've got) olive and insert because if there is a slight leak it could easily contaminate your rotor and pads.
  • Got it thank you alot...I now see the alan key bolt id the bleed screw much appreciated.

Thanks for all info :-) question answered.

Cheers,
    JB
  • 😎👍