'ning

dry but gloomy, starting to get nippier

ride cafes and wfh'ing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Morning,

Contemplating a gentle knee test run before work stuff, should be less nuts today hopefully.

Later is bikes and maybe pub but def bikes
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

WFW
    Gym later

Fun never stops here
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Didn’t do a leg update yesterday. Did pick up antibiotics though, just waiting for them to kick in. Getting up in the morning is fun when all the blood rushes down to it.

The hound is doing his bit to cheer everybody up. Currently in a cone of shame having had a couple of bits removed on Tuesday. Although he is an expert at using it as a weapon…
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    Today is my Friday as well - 4 day weekend starts this evening. Thought I may as well show my face in the office as won't be there for a few days. Tomorrow's fun won't involve bikes (hopefylly back will fix itself by Monday), but it will involve cars :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    'Augmented reality experience' WTAF?
    I was almost sucked in.

Meanwhile, quite a lovely September morning. Shall be tinkering with the 944. Moon was bloody bright last night. I thought I had left an outside light on.

Glad to hear you've still got your leg Gti. Or is the anti-biotics for the stump wound?

That's the problem with getting older Oxo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    pinno said:

I was almost sucked in.

Meanwhile, quite a lovely September morning. Shall be tinkering with the 944. Moon was bloody bright last night. I thought I had left an outside light on.

Glad to hear you've still got your leg Gti. Or is the anti-biotics for the stump wound?

You didn't see the Scottish meteor ?
    https://scotsman.com/news/national/was-it-a-meteor-or-a-shooting-star-reports-across-scotland-of-mysterious-light-in-sky-3843864
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    edited September 2022
    masjer said:

pinno said:

I was almost sucked in.

https://scotsman.com/news/national/was-it-a-meteor-or-a-shooting-star-reports-across-scotland-of-mysterious-light-in-sky-3843864
    Reptilian aliens have come back to collect the body.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    pblakeney said:

masjer said:

pinno said:

I was almost sucked in.

I wished they'd collected it sooner.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    "A mysterious light in the sky"! Bait that click. But no I wasn't gazing at a dark sky, hoping just hoping.

Calm and blue-ish out again today. Got some fettling to do, bike and ground wise. Need to go fetch some brake cleaner for new pads, no meths left, must have drunk it all. Old pads down to the metal pretty much, too many down slopes.

And where are those trades pros hiding?

• pinno
    masjer said:

pblakeney said:

masjer said:

pinno said:

I was almost sucked in.

I wished they'd collected it sooner.
    I wonder what the results of their experiment was.
  • Morning all, feeling quite motivated still and went running last night and rode this morning before work.
    The feeling soon dispersed as I got a flat 1/2 a mile from home so called the recovery truck.
    BBQ on Sunday and I'm thinking of slow cooking a full brisket, any ideas on this guys?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited September 2022

Morning all, feeling quite motivated still and went running last night and rode this morning before work.
    The feeling soon dispersed as I got a flat 1/2 a mile from home so called the recovery truck.
    BBQ on Sunday and I'm thinking of slow cooking a full brisket, any ideas on this guys?

My brother has done this before on his smoker a couple of times, and it's a bit of a palaver, but delicious.

You need the full brisket (packer cut) - don't trim the fat. If it's lean, braise it, don't bbq it.

Charcoal or gas? Egg type or smoker type charcoal grill with good temperature measurement and control is needed, also an internal meat thermometer. Heat bbq/smoker/gas grill to 110-120 deg c.

Apply chosen spice rub as required. Fat side up. Fill a drip tray with beer or cider and cook the brisket over indirect heat for 7-8 hours until internal temperature of thickest part is approx 85 deg c. You can wrap the brisket in a couple of layers of heavy duty foil when it gets to 70 deg c internal so it stays nice and moist in the final stages of cooking)

Rest for 30 mins at least.

Slice against the grain with a sharp knife.

• Thanks Beans, that pretty much replicates the bbqpitboys video I've just watched.

Charcoal BBQ, smoker shape. As I have a log burner I've got some decent lumps of hardwood for the smoking.

Local butcher has run out of brisket so need to search further afield this afternoon.

Designing a staircase has now taken (pardon the pun) the back burner...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    ...or in a casserole pot with half a bottle of port in the oven at gas 1 for 8 hours. You can use the leftover port and juices for a demi-glace.
    You can also have the best cold meat and onion bap or salad julienne or buffet meat or an American club sandwich.
  • pinno
    edited September 2022
    masjer said:

pinno said:

I was almost sucked in.

I just thought it was Beans going passed the window at warp speed.

[after the bunny rabbit he brought in late last night, much to Shortys' chagrin]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

[after the bunny rabbit he brought in late last night, much to Shortys' chagrin]

The kids who used to live next door wouldn't accept that it was their cute pussy cat bringing dead mice and birds home every morning.
    They thought they kept getting into the house somehow and then dying.

A rabbit's pretty good going, he'll get one of those scary cows one day.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    I'm glad I was eating when I read B³'s post, that would have made me hungry otherwise.
    Another day in the fun factory, but it's also my Friday so that's good. Very much looking forward to Goodwood tomorrow, should be a laugh.
    Glad I'm lazy rather than motivated reading that from TLW. That is the same TLW that went up Kilimanjaro isn't it?
    Hope the antibiotics are helping prevent stump infection Mr GTi, if the MFs have been at it there's no knowing where they'd been beforehand.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • More garden work, resulting in two large wheelie bins now jammed full and out for collection.

Day(s) off coming up to just loaf around I think.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

A rabbit's pretty good going, he'll get one of those scary cows one day.
    Our dogs met their match when they met a horse. Bit of a 'Father Ted' moment when they started barking at some horses in a field that looked small because they were far away. One horse wandered over to check out the barking and the dogs were suddenly less keen on meeting the horse. Luckily there was a decent fence between them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno said:

...or in a casserole pot with half a bottle of port in the oven at gas 1 for 8 hours. You can use the leftover port and juices for a demi-glace.
    You can also have the best cold meat and onion bap or salad julienne or buffet meat or an American club sandwich.

And you can drink the other half bottle of port!

Brisket is a lovely cut. Though it does need that time.

Wfh today - dull, and at home, so I get easily distracted and eat too much.