monday and all the poetry books start to burn in their crates

'ning

ride cafes wfh laze, really need to sort out some hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,194
    Drizzly, grey meh.
    Run around and chores and bank and phone calls mainly.

Now the deck is clear and time is right to finish the 944.
    An MOT... you never know.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Have you considered anywhere else SG?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

Have you considered anywhere else SG?

Scotland?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
  • Triathlon tried and completed yesterday.
    Swim - good.
    Bike - good.
    Run - not so good as was expected.

Speaking of holidays I booked another on Friday night, one week skiing in Cervinia in the White Angel Hotel. Just two of us for a change and no hangers-on.
    In house Michelin starred chef, spectacular panoramic restaurant views of the Matterhorn.

Short 5k run tonight followed by bed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,044
    pinno said:
    That was a good watch last night.

Cycled in and survived, so good. Now plotting some cycling and fun biking over the long weekend as I'm having this Friday off in addition to national 'have a bike ride on quiet roads day' next Monday :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice after a pleasant wobble in. I suspect quite a few people will have similar ideas next Monday. Richmond Park will be awful I suspect.
    Nearly got a job in a bar in Cervinia many years ago, they rang me the week before the season started to say they'd changed their mind and given the job to someone else.
    Should probably get back to work.
  • What time is the televised funeral? That's probably the ideal time to get out for a few hours.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,044

What time is the televised funeral? That's probably the ideal time to get out for a few hours.

Google says 11am. Perfect.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,116
    edited September 2022
    Work snizzle too much, fun snizzle too little today
  • Stevo_666 said:

What time is the televised funeral? That's probably the ideal time to get out for a few hours.

Google says 11am. Perfect.
    Indeed, that will give just enough time to tidy up from the obligatory bank holiday Sunday BBQ.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Rode in. Pretty summery still, though an autumnal whiff of decomposing leaf matter in the air this morning. My legs have gone after hols and an attack of gut rot.

I see we have a holiday to see off Brenda, gawd rest 'er soul. I for one will be taking that holiday in bad faith. Will there also be a holiday for Brian getting to parade around in a shiny hat? I do hope so. Panem et circenses.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,266
    edited September 2022
    the planting is on international talk like a pirate day, allowing us to splice the mainbrace

international hat day is in november, but looks like they'll hold off until next year, need to sort out the guest list, no urgency, it's just a bit of ceremonial nonsense involving his imaginary friend, some of whose commandments he broke, but what's a bit of royal hypocrisy matter, bound to be a bank holiday
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod said:

the planting is on international talk like a pirate day, allowing us to splice the mainbrace

international hat day is in november, but looks like they'll hold off until next year, need to sort out the guest list, no urgency, it's just a bit of ceremonial nonsense involving his imaginary friend, some of whose commandments he broke, but what's a bit of royal hypocrisy matter, bound to be a bank holiday

Aaaarrrr. Yo ho ho and a bottle of bubbly.

Maybe they'll roll shiny hat day into the may day or whit bank holiday. That would work well. Second year on the bounce. Well done to the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas. Long may they endure. Except the new corgi-caretaker-in-chief.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2022
    Evening. Chalking up today as a success, ticked off a bunch of jobs, got stuff sorted, decent lessons.

Leg update - bloody sore. Loads more bruising. Looking a bit manky.

• I told you to have that amputated. Looks bloody sore with that bruising.
  • pinno
    That's bad. Don't even look good.

I'm going to look up in my book of ailments:

Looks good, feels good. No cause for concern.
    Looks bad, feels good. It's a vagina. It ain't that.
    Looks bad, feels bad. Amputate.

Err - you have seen the Doc haven't you? Do you need anti-biotics or paraffin or both?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

Looks good, feels good. No cause for concern.
    Looks bad, feels good. It's a vagina. It ain't that.
    Looks bad, feels bad. Amputate.

Who needs a @MattFalle when we have you

• johngti
    Not seen a doc, no. It’s had a dressing on it for 24 hours so I suspect the mankiness is it healing. I’ll see how it is in the morning. It’s less swollen tonight but it gets very sore when I first stand up
  • johngti
    On the plus side, my heel is no longer wrinkly 😃
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,156
    johngti said:

On the plus side, my heel is no longer wrinkly 😃

The bruising is taking care of that. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    johngti said:

Evening. Chalking up today as a success, ticked off a bunch of jobs, got stuff sorted, decent lessons.

Leg update - bloody sore. Loads more bruising. Looking a bit manky.

errr - John G-T....

Wtaf you done? All good now?

We leave you lot alone for five mins and what happens? All manner of shenanigans.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Have you been involved in an off the ball incident? Have you suffered pain and / or discomfort and / or inability to visit your Greggs? You may be entitled to com-pen-say-shun. Call Sue Grabbit & Run on 0900.... calls may be subject to premium rate fees.