saturday has anomalies in the manifold

'ning

after soggy week, hoping for dryness

ride cafes and cakes, maybe vuelta-based lazing though it seems wrapped up, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Weather's ok here today which is good news for our club run (of 2).

Chilling later. Might get some more blackberries to make some more jam.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    oxoman said:

Morning All. Local Parkrun still on so running shortly followed by some dog show thing the OH wants to go to. Eldest stopping in brum with his Klingon GF all wkend and young oxo should be working but all bunged up with the snots. Weather looking grey at the minute, hopefully stays dry.

Oxo, not sure if that means she's a bit needy or looks odd? :)

Dull grey today so getting on with a few jobs, including sorting through a few things in the garage which we probably don't need after all. No footy on account of an old person dying - hey ho.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,576
    I could hazard a guess as to why…
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Walk walked. The route up the hill was a bit steep. Nice up there though. Now waiting for delivery before driving back home. Must buy the os map for down here.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Nice views hopkinsbeans. But what was that feudal related reference you made before? Do you have to forelock tug and divi up 10% to The Master?

Ride rided, all good, properly fueled and gelled, dodgy calf muscle is fine on the bike, not fine while walking, particularly uphill, so doubt I'll be climbing any local features any time soon.

Do a bit of pottering / richarding about, concoct a lamb based one pot later, catch up on stage 20.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Evening folks,
    I've made some bad life choices in my time but this one takes the biscuit. Currently sat in flat pack hell waiting for the EPO to finish returning something, then looking at kitchen units.
    Good day up to this point, returned female child to Brighton. Had a bit of a wander and some scoff whilst down there. Think I'll have a beer when we get home.
  • thistle_

Currently sat in flat pack hell

I don't mind the place...when it's not packed full of people, most of them looking at their phones or otherwise getting in your way.
    You'd think somewhere like that would have a power tool showroom to help you assemble stuff quicker and keep the likes of us entertained.

Weather's been lovely here this afternoon but no blackberries collected: Stayed indoors to fix the sink and clean the freezer instead.
    Need to go shopping to fix said freezer but it will cost about £5 in fuel to get to the supermarket so may as well go tomorrow when I'm passing anyway.
    At least everyone will get out of my way because it will be on the way back from a race and I'll pong a bit :smiley:

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    Evening all!

Things were going normally and out of the blue a builder bloke turns up enquiring about the Merc and now the ***Merc is sold***. Wahey. He has a 944 and he hasn't a clue about the 944 and it needs a shed load of niggles sorted which he'll pay me to do!
    Kerching!

Other than that, young and silly, I would have been happy with a klingon GF. Old and silly, I would...

It's been a gorgeous day and I got the grass cut.
    Tomorrow pedal all the way to the ban... oh bollox, they're not open on Sunday. Will they be open on Monday on account of Queenie passing over?

No footy but there's hope that something will happen in the Giro when I watch the highlights.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    IKEA is bad, Croydon is bad, the combination of the two is appalling. I could see the logic in stopping on the way back up the M23. I regret that, the place was heaving. What sort of freak has nothing better to do at 7pm on a Saturday than go there? Me, obviously, and several hundred others. Even the EPO thought it was bad and agreed we should get the hell out of there. At least we didn't buy anything.
  • pblakeney
    pinno said:

...No footy but there's hope that something will happen in the Giro when I watch the highlights.

Giro?
    My, you have some catching up to do. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Other than that, young and silly, I would have been happy with a klingon GF. Old and silly, I would...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
    Maybe she's good at other things which is keeping him interested.
  • pblakeney
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
    Maybe she's good at other things which is keeping him interested.
    I was guessing as much upthread.
    Oh the memories of doing stupid stuff that you justified to yourself. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

...No footy but there's hope that something will happen in the Giro when I watch the highlights.

Giro?
    Did I say 'Giro'?"

Been a long day. It's not wrong though, it's Italian for Vuelta.
  • pinno
    edited September 2022
    I bought the cream Merc W123 from a house in the burbs in Croydon. It was a lovely house but the guy was a d!ck.
    Funny, I went to see another W123 before that - in Croydon's darker side, that was leaking everything that could possibly leak out of it and the guy didn't even let me drive it. Then he went on about other wrecks cars he was selling and proceeded to drive to these lockups in some scheme and they were as dodgy.
    When I got back, I called HMRC. They were very interested and took a load of details from me.
  • pblakeney
    Just joking earlier. This is a serious issue. Trouble is that there is no easy way out.
    In my experience guilt is his trap, and her comfort blanket. One to one went nowhere so my solution was to make removing the blanket a public affair so everyone knew what was going on i.e. we were finished, there was never going to be a wedding etc, etc.
    There will be upset and nobody wants the potential of her doing something stupid
    but there will be no end otherwise.
    Hope things can be resolved with nothing more than lessons learned.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Great day in the mountains followed by pub and lots of people round ours for dinner 😎
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Great day in the mountains followed by pub and lots of people round ours for dinner 😎

Mountains or hills?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Mountains or hills?
    Mountains
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    pinno said:

pblakeney said:

pinno said:

Giro?
    Did I say 'Giro'?"
    They should have one of those in Liverpool soon, I hear it used to be famous for them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]