thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Gentle run
    WFW
    Get some bits to fix the kitchen sink
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Oxo 🖕🏼

Hounds walked and then went for a foot/leg test run - whilst not fixed, not 100% broken 😎

Busy day at work and then log off and off to camp at tryfan and then guide some friends up the Watkins path on Saturday, last nights planning session resembled more a drinking session - so was fun

Weather has turned - used this bike last night 😢

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Your winter hack?... :'(

I need another site of wheels before I can ride my winter bike.
    Should really rename them as 'monsoon bike'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    edited September 2022
    It's my son's wedding today.

If I see a glum face because they've never met has died, I'll need restraints.

The older I get, the better I was.

• tlw1
    oxoman said:

:( Now now #TLW1. You stopping at the ogwen valley bunkhouse / campsite at the base of Tryfan. If so be careful with your gear as it used to have a reputation for stuff disappearing at one point. Enjoy.

😂

Yep - in the van so it will be locked - thanks for the heads up
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Yep 😢 despite some awesome hills around here, my local training loop is rather flat allowing decent speed on that heap of junk bike last night
  • tlw1
    capt_slog said:

Have a great day, don’t be harsh on them, I mean it has come as a surprise that the young queen has died
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    tlw1 said:

capt_slog said:

Have a great day, don’t be harsh on them, I mean it has come as a surprise that the young queen has died
    Okay :)

One of 'those people' has already posted on soshul mejia that it's "heart breaking news". Whilst i agree it's sad, it was hardly unexpected and certainly not heart breaking .

The older I get, the better I was.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    edited September 2022
    pinno said:

I renamed mine as 'foul weather bike' cos it also rains in summer.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • WTF am I?
    Back in the warm confines of my office after 4 days on the tools.
    It's hard work, give me a desk any day.
    Swam this morning and now looking forward to a short rest until Sundays race (sprint Tri)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    King Charlie the 3rd. Funny.
    He's not the prescription Royal according to the press and Daily Heil. So bring him on.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Charlie and the Entitlement Factory?

Bulk load of firewood dropped off and now sitting in the yet to be de-leaky roofed garage, bloke and I trolleyed the bulk bags up the less steep bit of the escarpment and of course barsteward calf muscle let me know it wasn't happy being asked to do some work. Wood looks good, low % moisture, ready to burn. Think I'll be using him again.

Haven't risked putting on the radio yet, can't cope with too much depressing musack. Wonder if they'll play Country Joe and the Fish?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    Ironically we're off to a cemetery today so Mrs. 666 can do the annual clean up her old dears grave. I'm heartbroken at having to drive her over, what a waste of half a day.

Have a couple of work calls later on which will be more fun.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    edited September 2022
    orraloon said:

Haven't risked putting on the radio yet, can't cope with too much depressing musack. Wonder if they'll play Country Joe and the Fish?

Radio 6 were playing low key electronic instrumentations while I was in the shower.
    Not as bad as it could have been. Continually having to turn off the TV is getting wearing.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Charlie and the tourism board?

FTFY.
    Like them or loathe them, they bring in a helluva lot of money.
  • I can't say I'm against a Royal Family, of everything that comes out of our little island the monarchy is respected worldwide. The Queen is/was mostly responsible for that.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

King Charlie the 3rd. Funny.
    He's not the prescription Royal according to the press and Daily Heil. So bring him on.

given di's comment "there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded", how about...

charles (ménage à) trois
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Charlie and the tourism board?

FTFY.
    True, not that fussed about them either way, but they are a good export.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    pinno said:

Sez who? Oh yeah, The Establishment.

Cue appropriate clip from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Slightly more leisurely day of WFH which is nice. Need to pop over to the old dear's shortly to give her a hand. She doesn't seem to understand that working from home still involves working.
    I've been listening to 6 Music most of the day as the more mellow music they're playing is quite conducive to working, I've just had to switch it off and revert to Spotify due to the special news bulletin to play church bells.
    Pub with the EPO later
  • Greetings from the South West. One bed delivered. Bought a couple of wedges of cheese, some crackers, and a pork pie. Will put the boots on and go for a wander later, followed by a pint in the local, then pick up some fish and chips. Another bed and 2 sofas arrive tomorrow. Hopefully the sofas will fit up the stairs.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2022
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

Sez who? Oh yeah, The Establishment.

Cue appropriate clip from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    Helps fund that Barnett formula stuff and keep the Sweaties in the manner to which they are accustomed. I mean, some of them drive Porsches :)
  • I'm doing a thistle tomorrow, pulling on my boots and heading up a hill.

• pinno
    I think Thistle goes up Welsh hills in Welshland, You know - proper hills.
  • pinno said:

This is exmoor. Not mountains, but definitely hills. Over the Bristol Channel there to the left of my hill is Welsh Wales. The Brecons are not so far as the crow flies. Maybe its not snowdonia, but it's definitely lumpy.

Anyway. I'm listening to a young Korean play Rachmaninov piano concerto no 3. What I can do without censure when I'm on my own. Lovely.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

They're all short hikes, just vertical in places.
    Smaller, less visited ones are generally the toughest because there's no graded road or line of people to follow up to the top.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

...just vertical in places.

Well that's just silly.