thursday is another country

'ning

ride if dry, cafes, wfh resisting urge to smite, bubbly later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Thistle's in another country already. Tw@t neighbours woke me up in the early hours and couldn't get back to sleep so making the most of the extra hours in the day and will get petty revenge later.

Got into the office and all the lights and the coffee machine had been left on. So much for working for a super sustainable and environmentally saving company.

@pinno having a lie in?
  • thistle_
    @tlw1 Have you got a pass for Sunday?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    thistle_ said:

@tlw1 Have you got a pass for Sunday?

Got a pass just deciding if the body can take it 🤔
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Walk hounds, work stuff and then another wet bike ride - got soaked last night
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    edited September 2022
    thistle_ said:

@pinno having a lie in?

He's a lazy sod isn't he. Not like us early birds :smiley:

Back to the office. Torrential rain and a back muscle playing up means no pedalling, not good. Quite a few meetings lined up unfortunately.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Grey gloomy rain. Shopping duty prohibits cycling today. Probably just as well, need to rest foot, knee & Hip pain cause by new shoe cleat set up. Ahh the joys of clipless. One more week before they get hit with a hammer, set alight and chucked over the neighbours fence*

*Patent MF, circa 2016.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited September 2022
    Side effect of an anti-histamine I took (on Tuesday?!).
    Crashed.
    If I can get my heart rate above 12bpm, I might pedal.
    [or; if I pedal, will I get my heart rate above 12bpm?].

Gas engineers had tried on more than one occasion to get access to house with dodgy tenant.
    Tenant says they never tried. I've known gas engineers for as long as I have remembered*.
    I told him to contact the gas engineers and allow access.
    If he blows himself up, I hope nothing remains because anything with a pulse might take me to court.

*Did you like that? It's sort of Stan Laurel esque.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Crashed.

Gas engineers had tried on more than one occasion to get access to house with dodgy tenant.
    Tenant says they never tried. I've known gas engineers for as long as I have remembered*.
    If he blows himself up, I hope nothing remains because anything with a pulse might take me to court.

The delivery of this joke is nearly 100 years old but really tickled me when watched this scene a while back.

Oliver Hardy: 'Didn't you once tell me that you had an uncle?'

Stan Laurel: 'Sure, I've got an uncle. Why?'

Oliver: 'Now we're getting somewhere. Is he living?'

Stanley: 'No. He fell through a trap door and broke his neck.'

Oliver: 'Was he building a house?'

Stanley: 'No, they were hanging him.”
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

Crashed.

yeah, but how is beans in this weather?

ours don't like the thunder at all, though young one happily gets wet in the rain while his mum stays sensibly dry and warm
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Surprisingly chilled in a thunderstorm and doesn't seem to mind getting too wet.
    Jack learned that in the dark, if he walked a certain direction, the PIR lights would come on.
    I set them up so that in theory, if you needed to go to the garage, you can be 'hands free' and not have to faff trying to switch on a light.
    Beans has not figured this out yet, preferring to take an odd route which doesn't trigger the lights and it's far longer and more prone to getting wetter en route.
  • pinno
    edited September 2022
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Crashed.

The delivery of this joke is nearly 100 years old but really tickled me when watched this scene a while back.

Oliver Hardy: 'Didn't you once tell me that you had an uncle?'

Stan Laurel: 'Sure, I've got an uncle. Why?'

Oliver: 'Now we're getting somewhere. Is he living?'

Stanley: 'No. He fell through a trap door and broke his neck.'

Oliver: 'Was he building a house?'

Stanley: 'No, they were hanging him.”
    [scene at park café trying to impress 2 ladies but they're short of money. Oliver suggests buying a glass of milk which they will share between them.]

Stan picks up the glass and drinks the lot.

Oliver: Why did you drink all of the milk, we were meant to have half each?
    Stan: (tears in eyes) Yes, but my half was on the bottom.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    Why milk indeed...mmm hmm.
    https://youtu.be/iMoSu6e1IZ0
  • Taking the new mini to the SW tonight and staying at Mrs B3's friend place next door to our place. I need to be on-site Friday and Saturday to take delivery of new sofas and beds, even though we don't yet own the place. The previous owners have already moved out, and will be letting me have access to put the new stuff in the right places.

Freeholder is dragging feet on a deed of variation, but hopefully that will be sorted soon and exchange/completion can happen within a short time.

Today wfw, piked out of riding in due to extreme sogginess.
  • pinno
    masjer said:

Why milk indeed...mmm hmm.

That's what happens when you try to recall things off the back of your head.
    But the gist of it was the same.

• thistle_
    pinno said:

Beans has not figured this out yet, preferring to take an odd route which doesn't trigger the lights and it's far longer and more prone to getting wetter en route.

I assume cats have decent night vision?
    Maybe he prefers to stay in constant darkness rather than get blinded when the light comes on, then have to adjust to dark again when it goes off?
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I assume cats have decent night vision?
    Maybe he prefers to stay in constant darkness rather than get blinded when the light comes on, then have to adjust to dark again when it goes off?
    Cat's can't see in pitch black.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, fire alarm went off at one point. Thankfully it wasn't raining. Very lucky with the timing of my wobbling to and fro, missed the rain by minutes each time.
    WFH tomorrow so I can be a little lazier.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    Anyway, given what's happened today I thought this was a fitting fitting send off for the old bird:
    https://youtu.be/yqrAPOZxgzU
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]