wednesday listening to the pineapples burble in the food halls

'ning

soggy after deluge

cafe stroll, wfh, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    On the train, been lured in by the offer of a meeting with advisord that includes a full English brekkie. Will have to cycle tomorrow to offset some of the lard.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Lie in
    WFW

Where's @pinno ?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Boring you with my day as ordered by the unofficial mayor of BB town.

Hounds walked, work stuff - budget time so stupid busy, later is hopefully a ride
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Here!
    Crashed last night but not in a Roglic sort of way.
    [Evenepoel is a bit suss?]

Bit dull and drizzly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Here!

Bit dull and drizzly.

I know Roglic was in the red after his effort but flipping hell. You can tell he didn’t grow up riding a bike. Jumbo should send him to some cyclocross events this winter to learn bike handling.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

'ning

Where's @pinno ?

Too bloody right. Lazy bastard.
  • Wfw, still not confident to ride in. Tomorrow perhaps.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Here!

Bit dull and drizzly.

I know Roglic was in the red after his effort but flipping hell. You can tell he didn’t grow up riding a bike. Jumbo should send him to some cyclocross events this winter to learn bike handling.
    You volunteer Seano. Take him to the park and over the common and night riding over Malden golf course and over to Marldon south to the building site for more obstacles.
  • pinno
    Somebody suggested that my cat was stressed.

• pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Here!

Bit dull and drizzly.

You volunteer Seano. Take him to the park and over the common and night riding over Malden golf course and over to Marldon south to the building site for more obstacles.
    Malden golf course is very specific!

What is Marldon south?
  • pinno

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Here!

Bit dull and drizzly.

Malden golf course is very specific!

What is Marldon south?
    Some housing project apparently.

We did Eastbourne golf course in the dark once. Those bunkers can really catch you out.
  • pinno
  • pinno said:
    Ah, gotcha, Marldon seems to be a housebuilder. I used to live in a flat just round the corner from that development.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

It’s hard to see an animal in such agony and so distressed.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

It’s hard to see an animal in such agony and so distressed.
    It looks like he's having a seizure because he's been exposed to the first sunshine of the year up in Scotland.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:
    Every area these days remotely close to Wimbledon is changing their name to incorporate Wimbledon.

South Wimbledon
    West Wimbledon
    New Wimbledon
    I can see Wimbledon if I stand on my roof Wimbledon. Adds a few grand to your house price.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

it's not easy fitting in the catnaps
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • South is a northern line station, so fair enough, but "west", "new" and "I can see if I stand on my roof" are a load of bobbins.

I'm in "I can see the theatre if I look out of my loft velux" Wimbledon, which is a fine district, not at all made up. Though I think I'm actually on the border of Wimbledon Chase and Bushey Mead.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:
    Every area these days remotely close to Wimbledon is changing their name to incorporate Wimbledon.

South Wimbledon
    West Wimbledon
    New Wimbledon
    I can see Wimbledon if I stand on my roof Wimbledon. Adds a few grand to your house price.
    People want a posh sounding address. Over in the SE 'burbs, Dulwich is a surprisingly large area given it's meant to be a village.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice. Narrowly avoided a deluge going home last night and managed the same again. Walked to Sainsbury's to stock up on lunches and got soaked just now.
    The estate agents say the old dear's place is in West Wimbledon. We always refer to it as Raynes Park. She's got a view of the North Downs on a clear day in winter now.
    Used to ride across the golf courses on Wimbledon Common as a lad, got shouted at by old men in silly trousers and red jumpers a few times. There was one bunker we used to try and jump, we'd ride down the fairway as fast as we could, across the green and hope to clear the bunker at the far end of it. I didn't think I was going fast enough one time and chickened out, left a large gouge in the pristine grass where I grabbed a handful of brake and turned left. Whoops :#
  • Stevo_666

She's got a view of the North Downs on a clear day in winter now.

Now that is posh ;) Maybe she should say she is living in North West North Downs?
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Now that is posh ;) Maybe she should say she is living in North West North Downs?
    They're a long way off but they are there, not as bad as the flat in Brighton my cousin looked at that said it had a sea view. It did if you stood on a chair and peered out the top of the window in the back bedroom.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976

Stevo_666 said:

They're a long way off but they are there, not as bad as the flat in Brighton my cousin looked at that said it had a sea view. It did if you stood on a chair and peered out the top of the window in the back bedroom.
    Fairly well covered in an episode of Fawlty Towers. 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcliR8kAbzc
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    Herds of wildebeest roaming the Serengeti 😂