monday gerunding everything

'ning

ride cafes, maybe brekkie at colbert, smidge of wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    After a night of biblical proportion rain, clear skies and brilliant sunshine.
    I wonder if Fort Loon's moat is full or the whole dereliction has slid down the hill.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    pinno said:

I wonder if Fort Loon's moat is full or the whole dereliction has slid down the hill.

Good to know that you are now on the receiving end of my version of perfect weather. 😎 Looking similar here too. Must get out on the bike today as things are to deteriorate.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Moaning,

Grounds wet so had rain in the night, not much by the look of it.
    Current bun’s out now so should dry off.

WFW soon so hope it stays dry, long day for me so no plans after that.

more tea first...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    The fort remains. Sounded like it did rain quite a bit overnight, though there's essentially buxxer all in the garden that needs watering bar the endemic couch grass. Chemical warfare in progress. Did place an order for an 8x12 greenhouse yesterday, 4-8 weeks lead time so next spring will be a lot more productive.

Bit of tradespeople chivvying to do, plus bloke due to arrive to price up woodburner #2 installation. But as vague, sometime during the day, means I will be garden pottering some more, for a change.... previous owner really let the garden go to...
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

Good to know that you are now on the receiving end of my version of perfect weather. 😎 Looking similar here too. Must get out on the bike today as things are to deteriorate.
    Yeahbut... there will be no cutting grass at Casa Marsh.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    pinno said:

pblakeney said:

pinno said:

Yeahbut... there will be no cutting grass at Casa Marsh.
    Exactly! Get on your bike until it dries up. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    roads heaving with little jacobs and annunziatas being ferried to school, plus hordes of the situationally unaware somehow surviving darwinian deselection from the gene pool
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    edited September 2022
    I'm either too early or too late for the chaos of the school run. We used to live near a primary school and the carnage caused by a few hundred school run mums all trying park at the same time was something to see.

Busy day so far, not helped by the WiFi going awol for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'noon

Run runned
    Tweaked my ankle, hopefully it's just that and nothing more serious.
    WFW

Some short sharp showers here overnight but the Sun's been out since 6 so it's been nice, just so so humid.
  • Cool and showery day, not what was ordered at all. Spent majority of the day fettling bikes in shed. Swapped wheels from A to B, B to C, and C to A, except B needed different tyres and tubes, so the tyres from A had to go on the wheels from C, and all 6 had to have brake discs swapped out to stay with original bike. Faff.

Tried several handlebar/stem changes on the bike to be sold, none of which seemed great. I had some really really nice flat carbon bars on it, but they're old school n-a-r-r-o-w, which nobody else seems to want any more. Might end up changing out bars from another bike to put on this to (hopefully) make it easier to sell.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Mrs B³ bought a private sale 6 year old 5 door Mini cooper. 20k miles, one owner, fdsh, 12 months MOT, new tyres, tax 20 quid a year. I had a bit of a test drive around Putney, knocked off a few cyclists, close-passed a suntanned guy on a shiny bike with cake crumbs on his jersey and a bottle of bubbly in place of a bidon.

As a smallish hatchback goes, it's not such a bad car. Pretty solid, enough power that a 3 hour drive shouldn't be too noisy and wearing, and enough power to overtake tractors on the A303. I don't really like the looks, but it's not my car.

Otherwise, worked from home. Dull.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the office after a wobble along wet roads and paths. Started to feel quite dizzy and light headed this afternoon, most odd. I hadn't had anything stronger than a shot of Lavazza. Felt better riding the bike than sitting at my desk, but every time I stopped I felt wobbly. Most peculiar. Got home and went straight to bed. Feeling a little more human now at least.
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks,
    Busy day in the office after a wobble along wet roads and paths. Started to feel quite dizzy and light headed this afternoon, most odd. I hadn't had anything stronger than a shot of Lavazza. Felt better riding the bike than sitting at my desk, but every time I stopped I felt wobbly. Most peculiar. Got home and went straight to bed. Feeling a little more human now at least.

Probably age related. You need to slow down a bit V ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Evening folks,

Drink lots.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

Run runned...
    Tweaked my ankle.

Well?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

Evening folks,

What Stevo Says. Take it easy and get checked out if it persists.

Probably an element of that, been a hectic few months with work and the old dear's move. Hoping to take things a little easier, been making sure I eat and drinking plenty of fluids. Requested appointment with the quack as I'm wondering if it's anything to do with having been put on statins. EPO thinks it's stress related. Could just be that I'm nearly as old as Stevo 😜
  • Stevo_666

oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

Evening folks,

What Stevo Says. Take it easy and get checked out if it persists.

been put on statins.
    Isn't that what they give to old farts? :p