'ning

looks like another mild start

ride cafes cakes vuelta bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    What am I doing up at this hour on a Sunday? Quite warm after wobbling to the old dear's. Busy day of doing stuff lies ahead.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Surprised I haven't seen Noah.

Vuelta has finally come to life and we have another week of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLgrHiGaa6U
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning
    Guess everyone's still in bed.

Rolled out of my pit early (ish) and been up the local mountain for some fresh air and to try and chat to some aussie on the radio but it didn't work. I was too early for the cafe when I got back down.

Weather's pants here at the moment although it's forecast lots and lots of sunshine later. It had better turn nice because I've put a wash on.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    Up too early by my standards as couldn't get back to sleep for some reason. Currently chilling with coffee and will head out for some fresh air with the hounds later.

They seem quite keen

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Very slow day. Late evening (for us OAP types... lol) out at dinner with old friends. Very fine restaurant for a change too, nice to do once in a while. Was Mr WS's birthday. Home at almost 2am. Ahem.

Some garden work this morning, ripping out more weeds and overgrown shrubs in places they shouldn't be. Washed car as it was a bit grubby . Did coffee and lunch, visited Mum for a while, sold some spare doors, and rode a couple hundred laps in the shed on various bikes to compare fit and feel accurately. Think I've whittled down the decision to sell one of the Open MTB's, and maybe a roadie frame. Just need to figure out what component kit to sell them with too. But that'll be a job for next week after we're back.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    You can ride around your shed...

Ride rided. 40 miles over hills with a warm southerly breeze. Perfect. Colnago behaved impeccably. Fuelled by coffee and custard doughnuts.

Now beans, bangers and mash time.
    Vuelta later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    unlike the great wall of china, ws's shed can been seen from space
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    Got bike back from repairs this afternoon so went for a spin and did a spot of climbing :o up the North Downs Ridge and Toys Hill to make up for the missed pedalling on Friday when it broke a few miles in. Legs tired now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yeah I've left a little clear circuit in the shed to roll around. Can do oval or figure 8 route, Scalextric-stylee. :smiley:

Toyed with the idea of building a banking at one end for a mini-velodrome experience, but too much maths involved.

Couple weeks ago there was a very nice trials bike for sale locally, nearly bought it to set up a skills course in the shed as well, learn to ride up over all the benches and stuff. It sold quick though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS