chain slipping in largest 2 cogs under load

i've recently replaced the BB, chainrings, cassette and new chain on my canyon endurace. The chainrings are shimano r7000 ( 105) and cassette is 11-34 11 speed shimano cassette, the chain however is an 11spd SRAM chain compatible with shimano drivetrains. I cut the chain according to park tools youtube video connecting the two ends with a quickline, big ring to biggest cog on the back. ...what might the cause be of the chain slippage, have i cut it too short or is the SRAM chain being incompatible. I think the derailleur is positioned correctly shifts around the cassette fine.
any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    Possibly the freewheel hub or cassette is not properly installed.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    the correct way to set chain length is to follow the instructions for the specific model of rear derailleur

check the instructions for the rd to be sure the chain length is ok, then look at rd settings for the b screw etc.

if it's a shimano rd, full instructions will be available on their website
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    If you still have the old chain then, unless the new chainrings are different size, compare the length to the new chain.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    I'm not sure that chain length is the issue as big/small is similar length to small/mid cassette.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Could be a slightly bent mech hanger. My MTB would slip on the small sprockets and that turned out to be the issue.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • trevor.hall12
    trevor.hall12 Posts: 417
    edited September 2022
    When you say slipping in the 2 big cogs do you mean each of the 2 it slips while in them or it jumps/ slips up and down between the 2
    Also dies the chain go into Big big cogs and run OK