La Vuelta - Stage 14:- Montoro - Sierra de La Pandera 160.3Km ***Spoilers***

13»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,692
    Classy double win for carapaz
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Suddenly 1’-49” doesn’t look that much
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 484
    That was some finish.

Makes things very interesting for the final week.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 42,980
    It’s going to be interesting to see how they all recover for tomorrow.
  • mididoctors
    Turning out to be a bit of a race
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Suddenly 1’-49” doesn’t look that much

Yeah with a week to go
  • Good day that
  • What Remco doesn't want to be reminded about just now:
  • Can't believe none of you found fit to mention that Mads P took the sprint bonus. Do none of you have any idea what's important in this race?

😉
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited September 2022
    So a Roglic recovering from injuries who is nowhere near his best is going to win GC possibly?

Just shows how much guys like Pogacar and Roglic are above the rest of the field.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,830
    zest28 said:

So a Roglic recovering from injuries who is nowhere near his best is going to win GC possibly?

Just shows how much guys like Pogacar and Roglic are above the rest of the field.

It is possible that he will win. It is possible that he won't.
    Only a fool would state that they know for sure today.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,760
    edited September 2022
    zest28 said:

In terms of size. What sort of sports field would they be by comparison in terms of level, having watched the stage (I didn't see it). Say from a bowls green, tennis court, football field, cricket pitch and golf course?

Cheers.
  • Pross
    pblakeney said:

zest28 said:

Don’t forget this is the person who says too triathletes are better cyclists than the top cyclists.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,830
    Pross said:

pblakeney said:

zest28 said:

Don’t forget this is the person who says too triathletes are better cyclists than the top cyclists.
    Yes, but what about ski jumpers?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Ayuso did well considering he was on a neutral service bike. Presumably they have different sizes but when you see all the small adjustments that are made to the ones personalised to the rider it must take some doing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,238
    edited September 2022
    bm5 said:

Ayuso did well considering he was on a neutral service bike. Presumably they have different sizes but when you see all the small adjustments that are made to the ones personalised to the rider it must take some doing.

Some riders are more fussy than others. I remember a Sky mechanic saying that Ben Swift would notice if his saddle was a millimetre out, while you could give Geraint Thomas someone else's bike and he wouldn't notice (within reason)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    33⁰c out there today ...hot still
  • Anyhow, ignoring the idiot in the room.

It seems there's a fair bit of Twitter speculation about whether Evenepoel suffered more damage than first appeared, from his crash.
  • zest28 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

zest28 said:

You are just suffering from brain damage little boy, I never talked about top cyclists like WvA or Pogacar. But let me refresh your weak memory.

The fact is, there are alot of pro riders who have a FTP below 400W (I won't say who as this information is confidential) while some triathletes have a FTP above 400W.

In TT, those Grand Tour riders they would get beaten by these triathletes as they are specialized in being aero while having a higher FTP too.

Or maybe I should not call you a little boy as I think you might a very old person as I do see signs of dementia in your case.
    It’s hardly controversial to suggest that the best triathletes are more gifted athletes than Grand Tour domestiques. To run a sub 29 minutes 10k at the end of a triathlon takes some serious athletic ability.

But cycling in a triathlon is so different from the type of cycling done in most pro races that a purely cycling-based comparison probably isn’t helpful.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,364

Anyhow, ignoring the idiot in the room.

It seems there's a fair bit of Twitter speculation about whether Evenepoel suffered more damage than first appeared, from his crash.

Saw a photo on Twitter showing what looked to be heavy strapping on his leg under his shorts
  • Pross
    He’d definitely taken quite a hard hit in the hip area but it didn’t look like that played a part in him getting dropped.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,663
    edited September 2022
    my fault
  • Pross
    edited September 2022
  • Pross
    Wrong thread