'ning

gloomy forecast continues

ride cafes and swfh, bubbly

need new cakes, cafes are not being creative enough
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Cool walk with the hounds. Work stuff and then off to snowdonia with the current wife for the night in the van.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    sungod said:

'ning

gloomy forecast continues

ride cafes and swfh, bubbly

need new cakes, cafes are not being creative enough

365 - 28 (hols) - 3 Xmas day, box. day NYE = 331.

That's a lot of different cakes expectation. Maybe you should move to Switzerland.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Slightly dull, no wind.
    Routine bi-annual blood test, cafe, snooze, taxi service...
  • pinno
    Zuger Kirschtorte hmmmmmm...
  • pinno
    Caramelköpfli
  • pinno
    Luzerner Lebkuchen, Magenbrot, Nusstorte, Salée Sucrée...

[I did Googling and a lot of dribbling in the making of these posts]
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Cool walk with the hounds. Work stuff and then off to snowdonia with the current wife for the night in the van.

If the van's rockin' don't come knockin'...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    a decent olde english doughnut would be a start, rather than the lumpen undercooked travesties that seem to be the standard now

madeleines, palmiers, chocolate eclairs with whipped cream not vile sludge, various fruit tarts, pineapple upside down cake, lemon drizzle cake that isn't stale, etc.

proper bakers making proper bread and cakes, in the bakery, which is at the back of the baker's shop

saw a naked (male) cyclist ride past as i sat sipping a coffee, not pleasant, is it a special day for that today?
  • Been to the gym this morning and no cakes will be consumed. Home made protein pancakes will be though...
    Not much to do other than actual work instead of this simulated BS that goes on in the southern shires.
    Later will be a rogue Bud Light and getting stuff ready for tomorrows assault of the legs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    sungod said:

saw a naked (male) cyclist ride past as i sat sipping a coffee, not pleasant, is it a special day for that today?

@seanoconn ?
    oxoman said:

me contemplating whether to ride and run or just run.

I don't recommend the ride+run, but depends what your objective is. Maybe you like pain and suffering.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

@seanoconn ?

I was in a rush this morning, can’t be expected to remember everything!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    sungod said:

proper bakers making proper bread and cakes, in the bakery, which is at the back of the baker's shop

'Proper baker' in the UK is the exception not the rule.
    On my (European) travels, I think Germany offers the best in desserts and pastries. Proper baker - Paris. German breads are too heavy.
    However, there was Lincoln's Patisserie in Eastbourne and the best best Croissant I ever ate. I used to pop in at about 7am when they were fresh out of the oven. Ray Lincoln also had a warehouse in Belgium turning out quality pastry.

I see it's still going but whether it's as good as it was, I don't know.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    yes, there used to be many proper bakers, i still remember from back in the sixties broomfields off eaton square, excellent doughnuts, crusty rolls and coconut things whose name escapes me

also one in the kings road where they had the doors open at night for the baking, used to nip in pre-dawn to grab a fresh baguette and leave the money on the counter

killed off by supermarkets and the housewives' lust for soggy sliced bread

same with greengrocers, fishmongers, butchers
  • There's a small fish van that pulls up in our village every Friday, their sea bass fillets piddle all over the pre-packed scraps from supermarkets.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    Busy morning, tried to ride in but had mechanicals so turned back. Bike now at the bike shop, will probably collect later. Otherwise pretty quiet on the work front. If I get the bike back in time, may go for a ride to make up for the lack of communt.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

Busy morning, tried to ride in but had mechanicals so turned back. Bike now at the bike shop, will probably collect later. Otherwise pretty quiet on the work front. If I get the bike back in time, may go for a ride to make up for the lack of communt.

Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like Stevo slang for a puncture.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Unexpectedly nice day, if a little cool. Headed out for a walk, but got talking to people along the road a bit catching up on the local gossip.

Spent an hour in the shed giving all the bikes a roll around to keep brakes and chains etc all moving and working. Seriously thinking I should sell at least one, possibly 2 of them. Just can't decide which...

Afternoon of weed removal, and sundry tidying up outdoors.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like Stevo slang for a puncture.
    Nope, it was mechanical failure.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]