'ning

need hols i think, it's the only solution to this intense cold

ride and cafes, maybe brekkie at colbert
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Was going to go up a mountain but CBA: aches and pains from yesterday's ride plus it's a long drive each way.
    A day of pottering around I think.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Another good night of live music in a local ish pub

Today is get rid of the gaggle of kids that stayed over and then maybe Llandegla
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited August 2022
    Crashed - 8 hours sleep straight through.
    Now Tricky has the bug (and half the school apparently).
    So, today will be mowstly shift work whilst we juggle.

On the upside, Tricky seems to be fairing much better than Shorty and I did.
    Gorgeous day yesterday, dull as today. Typical.

TLW - Watch for that tree that jumped out in front of Stevo at Llandegla. He's a bad un.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    pinno said:

Crashed - 8 hours sleep straight through.
    Now Tricky has the bug (and half the school apparently).
    So, today will be mowstly shift work whilst we juggle.

On the upside, Tricky seems to be fairing much better than Shorty and I did.
    Gorgeous day yesterday, dull as today. Typical.

TLW - Watch for that tree that jumped out in front of Stevo at Llandegla. He's a bad un.

Never been there ;)

Bit of a lie in, will get out on the bike down the lanes once I've fixed the latest fox-made hole under the fencing, which is behind some pretty dense Holly bushes so should be fun. On the upside, we found one of the dog toys that the foxes had nicked in the bushes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, feeling a lot better this week, a bit less stress. Had a fantastic afternoon yesterday riding enduro on my fully rigid xc bike with a mate on his big rig. Entered my first enduro race in 3 years so I have a bit of work to do in prep!

Catching up on the XC worlds with a coffee then out for site visits in the finally returned Defender
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Watching NASA deal with some plumbing issues while shopping for new safety boots online, exciting times!

As House Pinno is plague ridden do we eject them into the void of space or just put a red cross on their door? Lets hope your front door isn't blue for obvious reasons
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    step83 said:

Watching NASA deal with some plumbing issues while shopping for new safety boots online, exciting times!

I'm also watching nothing happening....

• pinno
    step83 said:

As House Pinno is plague ridden do we eject them into the void of space or just put a red cross on their door? Lets hope your front door isn't blue for obvious reasons

That's 'cure' rather than 'prevention'.

• Stevo_666
    step83 said:

They're in Scoand, which is effectively the same thing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    *Warning: grumpy old codger in existential rant alert* (Scroll past is recommended)

It's 3am-ish, and I'm sat in the dining room - again - waiting for the medication to take effect. Seems a food allergy of some sort occasionally gives me grief, always about this time. Wakes me up, and I get to sit up for an hour or so till it settles.

Sitting here, my neck is bl00dy sore, shoulders and arms ache, pins and needles in the hands, and my back ain't too happy either. Still got the tinnitus which kicked in right after the last vax shot. Happy coincidence, eh? Eyesight needs a check as my prescription seems to be insufficient these days. Upcoming appointment for skin cancer checkover, because I'm getting a fair few sun damage spots appearing. Waiting for pathology result to see if the stuff I eat is killing me anyway. Have to reschedule session with anaesthetist following up nerve injection procedure, so I can spend a couple thousand bucks to go meet the extended family for two hours at a funeral instead. The anaesthetist hasn't achieved much anyway. Might ask for my money back, f^cking charlatans. Will I make it to the next cardiologist review?

*Checks diary* - great. On what's shaping up to be very little sleep I get to spend the day tomorrow on taxi duty for my mum to and from various appointments. At least the GP called today and shifted my next booster shot back to Wednesday instead of tomorrow. Why? Because he's been off with Covid... Then Thursday will be taxi duty again for Mr WS for his skin cancer checkover and treatment. Given he's had melanoma before, this is no trivial thing.

Seriously, what is the point? My financial guru the other day was all concerned about the strategy to manage my affairs for the next 30 years. I laughed. He looked puzzled.

"Mate, if this is what my life is like now, why the hell would I want to stick around for another 30 years of it?"

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    But apart from the belly ache, back problems, neck ache, poor eyesight, skin problems, tinnitus, nerve damage, shoulder and arm pain…. You’re ok?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

But apart from the belly ache, back problems, neck ache, poor eyesight, skin problems, tinnitus, nerve damage, shoulder and arm pain…. You’re ok?

I don't think you'll hear from him as it's 4.02am (19.02 here) 'cos with any luck, he'll be managing to sleep.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Have another coldie / glass of vino WS, go into chill mode. Though with time differentials that might be an early breakfast sesh....

More garden fettling, more plan refining as soil and subsoil conditions uncovered. There will be tatties.

Good news: found some fresh piggypoo in the garden so looks like Ms Piggy and / or next gen remain active. And the piggy food got nibbled.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

*Warning: grumpy old codger in existential rant alert* (Scroll past is recommended)

It's 3am-ish, and I'm sat in the dining room - again - waiting for the medication to take effect. Seems a food allergy of some sort occasionally gives me grief, always about this time. Wakes me up, and I get to sit up for an hour or so till it settles.

Sitting here, my neck is bl00dy sore, shoulders and arms ache, pins and needles in the hands, and my back ain't too happy either. Still got the tinnitus which kicked in right after the last vax shot. Happy coincidence, eh? Eyesight needs a check as my prescription seems to be insufficient these days. Upcoming appointment for skin cancer checkover, because I'm getting a fair few sun damage spots appearing. Waiting for pathology result to see if the stuff I eat is killing me anyway. Have to reschedule session with anaesthetist following up nerve injection procedure, so I can spend a couple thousand bucks to go meet the extended family for two hours at a funeral instead. The anaesthetist hasn't achieved much anyway. Might ask for my money back, f^cking charlatans. Will I make it to the next cardiologist review?

*Checks diary* - great. On what's shaping up to be very little sleep I get to spend the day tomorrow on taxi duty for my mum to and from various appointments. At least the GP called today and shifted my next booster shot back to Wednesday instead of tomorrow. Why? Because he's been off with Covid... Then Thursday will be taxi duty again for Mr WS for his skin cancer checkover and treatment. Given he's had melanoma before, this is no trivial thing.

Seriously, what is the point? My financial guru the other day was all concerned about the strategy to manage my affairs for the next 30 years. I laughed. He looked puzzled.

"Mate, if this is what my life is like now, why the hell would I want to stick around for another 30 years of it?"

more bubbly mate
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666

😞

Hope you feel more upbeat soon WS. Think about all the good stuff if you can. Or drink more...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    You need 30 yrs to sort those sheds out
  • Wheelspinner
    Ah thanks all, just having a whinge, as you do..
    tlw1 said:

You need 30 yrs to sort those sheds out

Surprisingly, the shed is pretty much done. I may add one or two more storage bits and pieces, but for now it's off the list. Even installed a quality 5.1 channel sound system. It rocks, big time.
    pinno said:

I don't think you'll hear from him as it's 4.02am (19.02 here) 'cos with any luck, he'll be managing to sleep.

Was nearly 5am before I got back to sleep, for a couple hours. Slow day coming up.
    Stevo_666 said:

😞

Hope you feel more upbeat soon WS. Think about all the good stuff if you can. Or drink more...

There's plenty. I'm very aware I'm extremely fortunate. Retired and secure, live in a fabulous spot mortgage-free, loads of toys to keep me amused. Absolutely no reasons to complain.
    seanoconn said:

Mostly. A little while ago, an old practice buddy sent me this, taken 25 years ago on one of our slug-fest sessions. He had a forehand like a howitzer shell coming at you - just getting to the net like this was risking injury.. :smiley:

Now, his knees are shot, and I can't swing a racquet any more, let alone see the damned ball properly to hit it.

• Wheelspinner