saturday transforms diffeomorphically at macroscopic scale

'ning

milder start but not as bright

ride cafes lazing bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Breakfast, then off to airport to collect errant bags. Then probably mooching.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Don't they send them to you in a taxi any more?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal....

Perfect morning. just wait a leetle bit for the sun to warm the place up and burn off the damp.
    The rest of the day will be spent watching La Vuelta, 'baby' sitting Shorty as she's not back to full strength (1st day off school yesterday since p1).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Morning

Trying to get a haircut this morning then going up a hill to play on the radios, hopefully without help from midges or flying ants this time.

Contemplated parkrun but decided CBA today. Got to 25 runs the other week....over about 4 years :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    edited August 2022
    Lie in (done), walk dogs, lunch in town, procure supplies, explain some financial stuff to Mrs. 666 about her pension choices. Then whatever later on.

Legs feeling it a bit after yesterday's laps of Bedgebury.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    thistle_ said:

this

few years back, i got to orlando but my case was held up at atlanta, about 3am came a message saying jesus had just delivered it to the hotel

that's service
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Great night out in town last night which filled me with too much confidence in my knee, 8 mile run to pick up the car = back to niggle pain.

Bike ride and then riding with a group of friends to a local beer festival - probably on the tandem, should be a giggle
  • beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

Yes. I did explain this is why we left the hotel address with the baggage handler people. But we HAD to go and collect them. DON'T YOU KNOW I HAVE NO CLOTHES OR THINGS. Then when we get there, we discover it's on the way to us. I have not yet said "I told you so". I am waiting for the right time...
  • pinno
    Today's terrible pics.

I mean, who would want to cycle in the wastelands of Jockland on quiet roads...

...and I bumped into this little fella. i thought I might put it in my water bottle and bring it home for Beans to play with.

• thistle_

thistle_ said:

Yes. I did explain this is why we left the hotel address with the baggage handler people. But we HAD to go and collect them. DON'T YOU KNOW I HAVE NO CLOTHES
    Hope you turned up starkers to prove a point.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

thistle_ said:

Yes. I did explain this is why we left the hotel address with the baggage handler people. But we HAD to go and collect them. DON'T YOU KNOW I HAVE NO CLOTHES OR THINGS. Then when we get there, we discover it's on the way to us. I have not yet said "I told you so". I am waiting for the right time...
    Let it go beans. The highly strung can’t help it. Knowing we are right is enough 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    First time back on a real bike in nearly three weeks. Sigh, lovely. 💕
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Today's terrible pics.

• seanoconn
    sungod said:

thistle_ said:

this

few years back, i got to orlando but my case was held up at atlanta, about 3am came a message saying jesus had just delivered it to the hotel

that's service
    You’re welcome
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Let it go beans. The highly strung can’t help it. Knowing we are right is enough 👍
    Nah, you need to tell them there and then to let them know you're not going to put up with stuff like that >:) In this case it was such a daft mistake it warrants getting a t-shirt printed :smile:

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Today's terrible pics.

I mean, who would want to cycle in the wastelands of Jockland on quiet roads...

...and I bumped into this little fella. i thought I might put it in my water bottle and bring it home for Beans to play with.

Not someone who enjoys the quiet roads of Kent?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Ride rided in the wastelands of Jockland on quiet roads. Weather spot on; my prep and execution not so.

- knew route would pass through many heavily shaded bits where traffic possible, so full sun to darkness = bright yellow top. But that one has long sleeves and it's warmer than I thought = well sweaty on the upslopes; should have used the hi-viz over thingie;
    - calf muscles not on it at all. 1.5h in and I'm thinking 'f this, short cut back?' but after 2h they did fire up, for a bit then...
    - somehow stopped Garmin recording after 127m, accidental press didn't notice as speed still displaying. Did notice after an hour: you what, 0.127?

Happy days. Local microbrewery is having a wee beerfest until 7pm, so get showered, fed and go get rebeerdrated.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

No comparison whatsoever.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'd have said Kent has the better climate, but the way things are going...
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Too right, we get warm weather and I don't have to drive 400 miles to go for a ride :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    8pm and... pretty eh?

• beansnikpoh
    V nice loon. I like an evening sky.