La Vuelta 2022 - Stage 7:- Camargo - Cistierna 190kms ***Spoilers***

Stage 7:- Camargo - Cistierna 190kms

Friday, August 26, 2022
Start Time 12-30CET.

The 7th stage of the Vuelta travels into Castilla y Leon, from Camargo to Cistierna. The 190km stage only features one categorised climb, but the 19.5km Puerto de San Glorio could throw off some plans even if it does lie at 65km from the line. The route is far from flat in the first part of the race, making it perfect for a strong breakaway, but the real action begins when the riders approach the Puerto de San Glorio.

Cistierna never hosted a stage finish before, although La Vuelta visited the place twice in the last six years.
The climb should define the remainder of the race, as it gives teams a chance to try and do away with the purer sprinters and also the breakaway to gain time, if the peloton remains tranquillo.

The Climb:

The Puerto de San Glorio is 22.4 kilometres long and averages 5.5%. and peaks out at 1,603 metres.

Final Kms.

The riders descent towards a plateau on which they continue for the remaining 65 kilometres, mostly on flat roads.

What to Expect.
A fast chase to the line is possible: either from sprinters getting back on, or between the peloton and break. There's also a chance that the break is already minutes up the road and dualing with each other to break free to take the stage.
A downhill run to the finish likely to make it a quick finish.

Camargo

Population 30,320
Due to its proximity to Santander, Camargo has experienced great demographic and economic growth over the years. A history spanning over several centuries make up this municipality that played an important role during the War of Independence. The city was a French bastion blocking the advance of Spanish troops towards the Cantabrian capital and the birthplace of one of the Dos de Mayo Uprising’s most illustrious characters, Pedro Velarde. In fact, the Ethnographic Museum of Cantabria, which tells the story of the region through 1700 pieces, is consecrated to this military figure.

Cistierna

Population 3,090
Although Cistierna makes its debut as a finish-line in La Vuelta 22, the León municipality has already hosted two stage departures: in 2016 and 2018.
Although Cistierna makes its debut as a finish-line in La Vuelta 22, the León municipality has already hosted two stage departures: in 2016 and 2018.

Botillo de León
Botillo de León is the star dish of the Leonese region of El Bierzo. The botillo has a Protected Geographical Identification. Made with pork ribs and tail marinated with salt, paprika, garlic and spices, once properly cooked it is stuffed into thick casings to be smoked and then dried. This mixture of ingredients manage to give the botillo a strong flavor but at the same time delicious and intense. There are those who accompany it with potatoes and fresh sausages to be even more powerful than it already is in itself.

Torreznos from Soria
This product, a mixture of bacon and skin, is usually fried or grilled. The result is a crispy and golden torrezno frequently served as a tapa or accompaniment to other types of dishes. With the Guarantee Mark granted by the Junta de Castilla y León since 2013, it is a must-taste.

Morcilla de Burgos
Made with pig blood, onion and rice, it is the most typical sausage in the province.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Hoping for better weather to see the beautiful desfiliado on the way to Potes and the San Gloria over to the Picos mountains.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    Cheers for your work, blazing-saddles. I really enjoy the background to each stage .
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,156
    Those pork scratchings will help fund your dentist’s Pinarello.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,784
    Odd profile .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Fred Wright has got himself into another doomed breakaway.
    Mads Pedersen has said he’s going for it and Trek are controlling the situation.
  • mididoctors
    Not as much attrition as you might imagine on the climb ..lot of sprinters hanging on... Early though 10 k left
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Froome heading out the back
  • Dawg dropping again
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    edited August 2022
    Bennett dropped finally
  • mididoctors
    Hard to call . Bennet should get back on ... Break 2:30
  • Too many desperate sprinter types.
    The breakaway isn’t quite strong enough to resist.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,088
    It's going to be tight, break can't mess about at all.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,175
    1:33 at 19km to go.... doubt they make it.
  • mididoctors
    Chase is close but running out of riders
  • The messing around will start soon
  • mididoctors
    Peloton stalling out 49 secs
  • mididoctors
    Peloton spreading out.. break looking better
  • mididoctors
    Noooooooooo
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,565
    FW made a real mess of that.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    Fred loses out again... Herrada I think
  • mididoctors
    gsk82 said:

FW made a real mess of that.

Way too early
  • Pross
    Wright panicked there, all these near misses are starting to play on his mind I think. The others drew him to the front far too easily, he even managed to have others in front within the last km and went back through.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Fred Wright has the legs but cant seem to sort out how to ride a finale
  • mididoctors

Fred Wright has the legs but cant seem to sort out how to ride a finale

it's not easy is it

• Fred panicked and the old fox sat at the back until it was time to go to work.
  • mididoctors
    Good sprint Vs break stage. The parcours are getting pretty subtle
  • Fred Wright is killing me man!
  • mididoctors
    Mads gives a good interview
  • Pross

Mads gives a good interview

Yeah, very good. Doesn't make excuses or blame other teams and gracious in defeat.
  • Pross
    Been a good race since they got back to Spain.