thursday the last dustoff

'ning

very soggy

cafe strolls, smidge of wfh, laze, maybe bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Woke to the sound of thunder and rain at 5, right on cue. And bloody welcome BTW. Bit quieter on the roads as the rain seems to have brought on a bout of skivitis; let's see how many are in the office as Thursdays are usually the busiest.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Washing, packing and tidying.

It's wet. I failed to look at the weather forecast, and was lugging watering cans around yesterday evening. :s
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Hybrid commute for meeting hell.

Yesterdays fun bike ride was missed as went to see grandma in the departure lounge - why we can’t medicate out a 94 yr old is beyond me
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    tlw1 said:

Condolences
    tlw1 said:

Yesterdays fun bike ride was missed

That sucks
    tlw1 said:

as went to see grandma in the departure lounge - why we can’t medicate out a 94 yr old is beyond me

Sorry to hear that :disappointed:

Was thinking about park and pedal today but went running just for lols.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Stevo_666 said:

Woke to the sound of thunder and rain at 5, right on cue.

sungod said:

'ning
    very soggy

Overcast and fresh here and the forecast says scorciho later, however the little weather forecast widget thing on my laptop is saying thunderstorms and heavy rain. Might be the forecast for Delhi or Dusseldorf knowing our IT.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    We're much more humane to animals.

Sunny then... now it's clouding over. Getting the toot's arrises shifted this morning is a PITA.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Woke to the sound of thunder and rain at 5, right on cue.

sungod said:

'ning
    very soggy

Overcast and fresh here and the forecast says scorciho later, however the little weather forecast widget thing on my laptop is saying thunderstorms and heavy rain. Might be the forecast for Delhi or Dusseldorf knowing our IT.
    No more hot weather here for a bit if the forecast is to be believed. Quite happy with that tbh.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    c. seven hours of rain here so far

on the plus side, first outing for my lovely armor-lux old style waterproof on the cafe stroll, it's definitely waterproof
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Moaning,

Also didn’t look at forecast (till just now), got watering and apple gathering done before ten, when it started to spit. :/ Its now raining looks like it won’t stop till 3-4 this saffto so might be the pub then :)    image   nothing else planned

• pinno
    Early for apples? Mine won't be ready for at least another 6 weeks.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Half of mine had fallen off before I left. Expect to find the other half on the ground in the morning.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Apples take longer to ripen in the sub-arctic wastelands.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    tlw1 said:

Yesterdays fun bike ride was missed as went to see grandma in the departure lounge - why we can’t medicate out a 94 yr old is beyond me

Ah shoot that's sad news.

Mr WS's cousin died this afternoon, from cancer complications. She was (only) 73, done well till the last 6 months, but deteriorated fairly quickly. Means we have a trip to do the family gathering thing in a couple of weeks I think. That'll be planes, trains and automobiles for sure... it's out in regional NSW. May take the opportunity with the trip to go car shopping - much better selection over there.

Nearly finished my console table workshop project, has come up quite well so far. Just some finishing sanding to do, then a semi-gloss lacquer finish I think. Next up will be yet another picture frame.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    I disagree - the problem is that water and electricity does mix well.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Greeting fellow humans, long time no see etc etc

Partook in a hybrid commute this morning entailing falling over and crawling the last few feet from the kitchen to the office, mainly due to collecting the slices of toast I had just catapulted.
    After which I logged in to find a chaos ensuing due to a cyber attack perpetrated by soviets unknown. Slow Loris attack if your curious targeting an VPN. That was around 7AM, logged out at 6PM after realising my extra fluffy toast had been my sole intake today. Theres now a Pineapple free yum disc in the oven.

First rain of any note here since around June so the straw in the back garden is now damp straw which is nice. Debate ensues as to what alcohol will accompany the aforementioned Yumdisc, currently its looking to be a tin of fruit cider thats been rolling round in the fridge for too long.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Hey step. Hope all is well. If there're yum discs, things can't be too bad.

Been rushing around like a blue arrised fly. Cleared mini's room. Done my annual clothes shop. Collected people and things. Washed everything, though nothing is drying. Obviously. Folding and packing slightly damp stuff now. Looking forward to the flounge and hoping the bubbly is well chilled, as we should be arriving mid morning.

Drove the mini. V weird it being a non-tank, with a manual gearbox. V tight little car though. Basically in line with wot everyone said. Not much space in the boot, only shortarses in the back. Despite being 7 years old, it has all the modern bits. I kicked the tyres, there was air in them. Nothing fell off during the test drive. They offer a free 6 month warranty, MOT just passed, service 2k miles ago. So if she wants it, she shouldn't be scared of it. Proper handbrake, so slides on gravel carparks are back on the menu.

I can confirm that the visibility is shyte cf a massive high up tank, which is why sg keeps on being harassed by drivers of these cars.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Partook in a hybrid commute this morning entailing falling over and crawling the last few feet from the kitchen to the office, mainly due to collecting the slices of toast I had just catapulted.
    After which I logged in to find a chaos ensuing due to a cyber attack perpetrated by soviets unknown. Slow Loris attack if your curious targeting an VPN. That was around 7AM, logged out at 6PM after realising my extra fluffy toast had been my sole intake today. Theres now a Pineapple free yum disc in the oven.

First rain of any note here since around June so the straw in the back garden is now damp straw which is nice. Debate ensues as to what alcohol will accompany the aforementioned Yumdisc, currently its looking to be a tin of fruit cider thats been rolling round in the fridge for too long.

He's alive! Welcome back Step.

• pinno
    step83 said:

Whodafuckareyew? :smiley:
  • step83
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Allegedly, I could be one of the many MF's they are spreading like Japanese knotweed
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Oh heck, who even am I!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Aaaannnddd. The trip dahn semi-saff, overnighter in deepest darkest Doncaster then a short hop down the A1 for the early morning funeral service for last remaining auntie's husband. It was a really good service in the crem, with online access as well for those who couldn't get there. The man was a good one.

And as was a 10am service meant had many hours to meet with cousins not seen in years, chats, meet their next generations as adults, have a good long talk with auntie who is 96, physically frail but mentally sharp as.

Good funeral services for good people do us all good.

And the views from the top section of the A66 this evening across to the Lakes etc with the sun dropping and blue skies were beautiful.

All in all that was a happy day.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Allegedly, I could be one of the many MF's they are spreading like Japanese knotweed
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Oh heck, who even am I!
    Must catch up talking Pissrats and Porkers.
  • step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Oh heck, who even am I!
    Must catch up talking Pissrats and Porkers.
    Indeed, much changes have occurred on el ratto