tuesday's metric is indefinite

'ning

feeling the absence of scorchio, sigh

ride, cafes, nip to jewellers, cafes, perhaps fit some gmc wfh in here and there
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    seems to be getting darker now, gloomy and soggy, may postpone ride, supposed to be brighter later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Drizzly but mild. Wil pedal after school run regardless.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Early rise today for a salmonesk swim at the local pool. Old ladies doing breast stroke do NOT belong in the fast lane.
    Feeling quite motivated at the moment but I'm sure that will pass.
    Busy busy, lots to do at HD Enterprises (SG has claimed GMC).
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Half day today, got a mate coming down to the badlands of Sevenoaks for a mosey round the hills and lanes on the bikes. Should probably do some work first.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Looong sleep, and given my idle CBA Monday that's a bit odd. Anyways, morning stumble around in progress, gym sesh booked for late am, pm will be sorting out more shite and loading for a tip run. And finding a fresh enough suit, shirt, black tie etc for family event on Thursday. When was last time I wore such? Has to be my own pater's bye bye service. Will it still fit?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Shoot sleep and work been painful so far 🙄 later is a gravel bike ride and then a swim
  • orraloon
    Diversion, spent the last 20 minutes watching what I think is a juvenile sparrowhawk sitting atop my mound of topsliced turf where the new vege patch will be. It's now settled itself down like it was on a nest. Maybe waiting for its mum to bring it some breakfast?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Today is my "Friday", I'm meant to be on leave until the 5th September. Hurrah. Let's see how much of that comes to pass.

Rode in after a bit of emergency brake fettling. Changed front brake pads at the weekend, and rode home last night with my front brake shouting at me all the way. Cleaned the pistons and recentred the calliper. Seems to have fixed the worst of it. Still not 100% happy with the front brake performance. Maybe it's time for new brake callipers and shifters.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Today is my "Friday", I'm meant to be on leave until the 5th September. Hurrah. Let's see how much of that comes to pass.

Rode in after a bit of emergency brake fettling. Changed front brake pads at the weekend, and rode home last night with my front brake shouting at me all the way. Cleaned the pistons and recentred the calliper. Seems to have fixed the worst of it. Still not 100% happy with the front brake performance. Maybe it's time for new brake callipers and shifters.

Find a big hill to ride down fast and get the brakes nice and hot :wink:
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    thistle_ said:

I do have options. Not 100% confident that I'd stop, and the hills are quite steep and give on to a main road.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Maybe it's time for a new bike

FTFY.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

thistle_ said:

I do have options. Not 100% confident that I'd stop, and the hills are quite steep and give on to a main road.
    Get that lazy fecker V68 off his @rse to fix it for you. He said he was sitting down too much lately, you’ll be doing him a favour 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Put to test my brakes on some steep country lanes soon. Followed by a stop at a local pub for an apple smoothie :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Into the hospital today for the joys of having some nerves in my neck fried. See if that helps. Won't know for sure for a few weeks apparently.

Normal duties resume tomorrow, more work on table top in progress. Or maybe not, depends. Some serious CBA creeping in at the moment...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Stevo_666 said:

Put to test my brakes on some steep country lanes soon. Followed by a stop at a local pub for an apple smoothie :)

Testing your brakes by stopping quickly at the pub?
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2022
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, puliing a stoppie at the pub really impressed the girls who were sitting outside :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, puliing a stopping at the pub really impressed the girls who were sitting outside :)
    Were they laughing with you or at you?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Old bloke does a bike stunt outside a pub. What sort of girls would be impressed, the sort who Rick keeps going about who vote the wrong way and have big houses and pensions 🤔
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Old bloke

Steady on now...

Not my fault if Chick Racey is jealous :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice dealing with an excess of stupidity. Had some good news with respect to who's taking over the running of the place at least. He's already made a couple of comments that align with my way of thinking.
    Managed to wobble there and back without upsetting anyone at least. We'll, the pigeon that nearly flew into me might have been a bit miffed but that was his own stupid fault.
    WFH tomorrow morning before taking the female child to Brighton in the afternoon, she's picking up the keys to her place for the next year. The EPO is staying down with her for a few days so they can have girly time at the seaside. Peace and quiet for me is unlikely but I will try.
    Enjoy the break B³ and happy to fettle/condemn your bike depending on your preferred outcome.
  • orraloon
    webboo said:

Old bloke does a bike stunt outside a pub. What sort of girls would be impressed, the sort who Rick keeps going about who vote the wrong way and have big houses and pensions 🤔

It'll be posted on the soshul meejah soon, in the Fails category 😊

Blue skies are back, hip hip. Several hours of attacking hawthorn overgrowth, neighbours' hedge over the top of my scabby garage roof which will be replaced soon. Loads taken down, been neglected both by my previous owner nutjob and previous owners next door. All under control now with rel few scratches.

Aaannnddd.... a deserved cold beer time out the front in the sunshine.
  • pinno
    From one nutjob to another nutjob.

Poor house.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Old bloke does a bike stunt outside a pub. What sort of girls would be impressed...🤔

I don't know but it will be pretty fly for a white guy...

'Give it to me baby oo oo ooo'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtTR-_Klcq8

• orraloon
    pinno said:

Poor house.

Aye but, there is a spectrum of nutjobbery and...

Anyways, I bet that you look good on the dance floor, dancin' to electropop like a robot from 1984.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

Poor house.

Aye but, there is a spectrum of nutjobbery and...

Anyways, I bet that you look good on the dance floor, dancin' to electropop like a robot from 1984.
    I do but much better at stompin' to Pump up the jam.