• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,897
    'ning

ride, cafe, gmc for a dabble, bail, cafe, wfh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    No run though knee is getting better.

Work stuff and hope the wife sort the mess after yesterdays bbq with family and friends
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Run
    WFW
    Sleep

That's the plan anyway.

Run to work and sleep?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

No run though knee is getting better.

Work stuff and hope the wife sort the mess after yesterdays bbq with family and friends

Her mess?!
  • pinno
    It's raining, it's pouring, the old man...

Coffee, school run, back to school to collect Tricky for assessment, pick up Shorty on way back.
    Arrange MOT to boost Merc sale.
    Send Merc south to TLW (?) nearer conurbation.

It's hard to handle this much excitement.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Sleep once eldest returns my car in 1 piece.

Mess on the back seat?

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning

Run
    WFW
    Sleep

That's the plan anyway.

Run to work and sleep?
    Nice idea but won't get away with that.

I only went for a run because of the atrocious weather forecast for the whole day (and because on Friday I got a reminder about a 10k in 3 weeks time), but the weather's quite nice :neutral:
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

...on Friday I got a reminder about a 10k in 3 weeks time)...

TLW can pretend to be you. Pay him in beer.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

I tried that that last year when I accidentally entered the race twice but it backfired and I beat her.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Bad sleep. Mainly due to eating a load of spring onions with dinner. I should have learned by now.

Lovely morning for the ride in though.

Counting down to hols.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

I tried that that last year when I accidentally entered the race twice but it backfired and I beat her.
    You know I’m male right 😂
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

You know I’m male right 😂
    :blush:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    edited August 2022
    Morning,

First day back after a week off, had a great time up north camping with the OH and the dogs. I say camping, we have a new tipi thing and a folding double bed so it's as far away from camping as possible compared to what I'm used to!

Rode some great trails near Banchory, need to go back with the full bouncy bike, bit of milling about some nice forestry and scenery then a few nights over on the west eating seafood. Perfect although I didn't manage the two munros near the second place due to awful awful weather.

WFH then site visit, overnight in Edinburgh tonight for a meal with a colleague, then a Fringe show tomorrow night with the rest of the team. Soft start back
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    In the office and its a bit quiet today...quite peaceful though. Three and a half day week this week to fit in more riding, including a fun bike outing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice dealing with much incompetence, seems to be even more than normal if that can be believed.
    Pleasant wobble in this morning, back is aching after much moving of stuff at the weekend. Sitting in an office chair isn't really helping so I'm getting up and moving around every now and then.
    pinno said:

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man...

I wasn't snoring, I was just breathing heavily whilst inspecting the insides of me eyelids.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,165
    Still busy however it doesn't look like I'm need on the tools this week which is a bonus.
    Weights session first thing this morning and a run tonight followed by some salmon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68

... a run tonight followed by some salmon.

Do you run next to a river?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,615

I have this vision of a wannabe triantelope running down the road being chased by a bunch of angry fish brandishing re-purposed hooks and lines...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    More seriously CBA Monday here. Not helped by the November rain. nothin' lasts forever, even cold November rain I hope. Cheered a bit by the vengeful in your face salmon image. 😊
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,575
    edited August 2022
    oxoman said:

Which wally ordered the wet stuff, i swam home rather than rode. Couldnt get any wetter if i tried, Eldest needs to take me out for lots of beer to compensate. Next time he want to borrow the car he can rollocks.

You should have known this was on the cards the day they announced hose pipe bans were going to be implemented. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    oxoman said:

Which wally ordered the wet stuff, i swam home rather than rode. Couldnt get any wetter if i tried, Eldest needs to take me out for lots of beer to compensate. Next time he want to borrow the car he can rollocks.

Thought you were complaining last week that your garden really needed some rain, Oxo? :) I did a little jig when it tanked down here last week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    oxoman said:

Any angry salmon following you?
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Eldest needs to take me out for lots of beer to compensate. Next time he want to borrow the car he can rollocks.

Or he can borrow it as long as he's Dad's taxi driver to and from work?

• thistle_

I have this vision of a wannabe triantelope running down the road being chased by a bunch of angry fish brandishing re-purposed hooks and lines...

Like this but angrier and fishier?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkUobvvPIE
  • veronese68
    Not a salmon but I seem to have upset a cyclist riding home, no idea what I did to upset him. Lad of about 30 on a road bike with deep rims undertook me and gave me the finger as I was bimbling. I caught him up and said "sorry, what was that for?" He tried to accelerate away from me, so I sped up and asked what I'd done wrong. He told me to fook off and stood on his pedals to go to warp speed, or so he thought. I dug deep for a moment then freewheeled alongside and let him know he wasn't fast enough for that attitude before peeling off and heading home. Most odd.
  • pinno

Good Shrooms in Taz?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,615
    thistle_ said:

Like this but angrier and fishier?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkUobvvPIE
    Yeah, if it was done in the style of Revenge of the Zombies 😀
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS