sunday où sont les volcans d'antan

'ning

still out of sync from hols, is this really sunday? it feels like another time or another place, possibly another space, perhaps even hazy cosmic jive

ride out, cafe out, laze out
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal...

Soz SG, it's just blighty on a Sunday morning with scant solar dust and council cutbacks means I haven't seen the recent aurora borealis.

Must invest in a wind sock. It's slightly on the brr side of things and I have no idea what to wear as it's supposed to warm up a bit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    ['warm' is pushing it]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Rubbish sleep again. Woken at 2 by neighbours, 5 by huge thundery downpours followed by the neighbour's dog whining because he wanted a sh!t.

Supposed to be going out but CBA right now.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Blinking flip. I had a lie in!

Normal Sunday stuff here.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    edited August 2022
    Still slightly smashed from last night. Visiting family, BBQ. Very little English to be spoken. Will be smiling on cue when my name is mentioned and perfecting the art of appearing to be subtly engaged and interested in the conversation without it being too obvious that I’ve no idea wtf they’re talking about.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Got out of bed at 9, none of this early business. Hounds still snoozing so yesterdays walk must have knackered them out.

Junior went to some place on the South Bank yesterday with her mates with 'bottomless drinks' and came back a bit squiffy having fallen asleep on the train. Not as much as her mates who also fell asleep on the train but missed their stops and had to get a taxi back from Sevenoaks as there were no more trains due to the strike :)

Anyhow, bit of bike prep for a road ride on Tuesday and a spot of MTB on Friday. Bit of brekky first though...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Still slightly smashed from last night. Visiting family, BBQ. Very little English to be spoken. Will be smiling on cue when my name is mentioned and perfecting the art of appearing to be subtly engaged and interested in the conversation without it being too obvious that I’ve no idea wtf they’re talking about.

You must have learnt a bit of Polish?
  • seanoconn
    edited August 2022
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

There are 4 different ways of saying every word and a lot involve rolling your r’s which I can’t do. The language is frigging difficult. I can get by with polite words.

Hello
    Goodbye
    Good
    Very good
    Thank you
    Thank you very much
    Yes please
    No thank you
    Tasty food
    Lovely
    Beautiful
    True
    Not true
    Man
    Woman
    Weather
    Cold
    Hot
    Car
    Train
    Plane
    Rain
    Tractor
    Sorry
    Mother
    Father
    Auntie
    Uncle
    Mr
    Mrs
    You have a beautiful bottom

And some more I forget or can’t repeat. Understanding improves with alcohol.

If you can say hello, thank you and very good, you’ll get by.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Sorting stuff out for female child to take to uni today. Other than that gentle pottering.
    Seano, you forgot"jimna piwo". I think Poles greet each other by saying "chest" regardless of attributes displayed, this is very confusing. "Curva" should mean corner to me but it is something very different in Polish. "Curva mach" isn't a very tight corner.
  • seanoconn
    edited August 2022

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Sorting stuff out for female child to take to uni today. Other than that gentle pottering.
    Seano, you forgot"jimna piwo". I think Poles greet each other by saying "chest" regardless of attributes displayed, this is very confusing. "Curva" should mean corner to me but it is something very different in Polish. "Curva mach" isn't a very tight corner.

Jimna piwo cold beer 👍

Chest or cześć = Hi or boobs (V68) but is informal so generally non used unless you know someone. Little bit stricter on the formal side than Brits.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

There are 4 different ways of saying every word and a lot involve rolling your r’s which I can’t do. The language is frigging difficult. I can get by with polite words.

Hello
    Goodbye
    Good
    Very good
    Thank you
    Thank you very much
    Yes please
    No thank you
    Tasty food
    Lovely
    Beautiful
    True
    Not true
    Man
    Woman
    Weather
    Cold
    Hot
    Car
    Train
    Plane
    Rain
    Tractor
    Sorry
    Mother
    Father
    Auntie
    Uncle
    Mr
    Mrs
    You have a beautiful bottom

And some more I forget or can’t repeat. Understanding improves with alcohol.

If you can say hello, thank you and very good, you’ll get by.
    Lots of people have problems with languages which make you sound like you're clearing your throat.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Afternoon folks,
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

Jimna piwo cold beer 👍

Chest or cześć = Hi or boobs (V68) but is informal so generally non used unless you know someone. Little bit stricter on the formal side than Brits.
    Yes, chest pronounced more like chesch if you're spelling phonetically in English. Beautiful assistant is Polish so picked up a few bits.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    "Jimna piwo cold beer 👍" , that'll be later on.
    Ride rided, more mega-tractor dodging on the single back roads, 3 of them within couple of km, green grass these parts so silage cropping a go-go. Legs gradually improving after that couple months off the bike, which is good. Enjoying this rolling terrain, kicker, eases off, false flat, recover, another kicker...

• beansnikpoh
    A bit droughty at Rushmere (ex) Pond on the common.

• veronese68

A bit droughty at Rushmere (ex) Pond on the common.

😳 It's only waist deep at most normally, that's not even knee deep I reckon.
  • beansnikpoh
    oxoman said:

Looks like a puddle. Seems to be lots like it. Run done, harder than I thought it would be. Beer ride still on subject to weather. Wet stuff forecast.

The water normally comes up to the lump of rock in the foreground, and the dark lines to the left and right are the normal reed-lined edges.
  • veronese68
    Having known that pond for 50 years, that's easily the lowest I've ever seen it.
  • Stevo_666
    Went for my first run since last year. Well run/walk/run like the physio recommended. Slight ouch as expected but managed half an hour. Back to pedalling pedalling for a bit...