Looking for a way to send luggage on from day to day while cycling a version of the Pyrenees Route

I know that this sort of question has been asked before and from the search results I've turned up thus far on google I think I already know really the answers to this question, but I'm going to ask it anyway and keep my fingers crossed for a more positive outcome. Has anyone else managed to find a company, other than something like Send My Bag who will collect and send luggage, bike bags etc on between stops while doing a trans Pyrenean adventure? My friend and I would like to ride from the Atlantic to the Med following pretty much the slightly longer hillier version of the Grand Raid route and take in some of the other notable climbs along the way. We want to have the flexibility to follow the route we've planned, rather than have to follow a route supplied by a tour company. However, we don't want to carry all our kit. We'd like to be able to send it on each day to our next destination. Basically we want to have our cake and eat it; we just don't want to carry it! I'm happy to use someone like Send My Bag, but just wondered if anyone had already done something similar and had any other suggestions as to how it could be done.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Best I can come up with is this.
    Send bike bags to end destination.
    Pack light so all luggage fits in hand luggage. Good advice anyway. Then courier luggage hotel to hotel.
    Bear in mind that you will still have to carry a fair bit to allow for layering up/removing clothes during variable weather days.

This and on road support is why I cough up for tours. Enjoy yours!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.