friday with subliminal pineapples

'ning

ride, cafes, gmc stuff, not too much, could be dangerous to suddenly change the balance
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,993
    Hounds, work stuff and then maybe pin a number on st the local 10 😳 then cider
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,520
    Boy 1 managed to do a tlw1 and crash his hire scooter yesterday. The resulting bloody knees make another visit to water park a doubt this morning. Returning towards base camp via Krawkow for a volleyball international tournament match, Poland v Argentina this evening.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

    Rubbish sleep, still bleary eyed.
    Cycled into the orifice. The close pass from the van driver just before work must've perked me up as I got a PB up the hill after chasing him for a bit.

    Pinning on a number sounds tempting, although a waste of time I think :neutral:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,993
    thistle_ said:


    Pinning on a number sounds tempting, although a waste of time I think :neutral:

    Do it 😎 only because I can’t remember what time, etc
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    tlw1 said:

    thistle_ said:


    Pinning on a number sounds tempting, although a waste of time I think :neutral:

    Do it 😎 only because I can’t remember what time, etc
    There's only this Friday and next Friday left for this season.

    First rider off at 7pm. Sign on from 6.15pm in the carpark opposite the Queens Head Hotel. £5 entry fee, pretty sure he doesn't do contactless.

    No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to the front of their machine a working white light and rear of their machine a working rear red light, both lights can be either flashing or constant, that are illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
    Helmets also compulsory now.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,818
    seanoconn said:

    Boy 1 managed to do a tlw1 and crash his hire scooter yesterday. The resulting bloody knees make another visit to water park a doubt this morning. Returning towards base camp via Krawkow for a volleyball international tournament match, Poland v Argentina this evening.

    You're not from Argentina.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,818
    thistle_ said:


    Helmets also compulsory now.

    They weren't before?!

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,993
    thistle_ said:

    tlw1 said:

    thistle_ said:


    Pinning on a number sounds tempting, although a waste of time I think :neutral:

    Do it 😎 only because I can’t remember what time, etc
    There's only this Friday and next Friday left for this season.

    First rider off at 7pm. Sign on from 6.15pm in the carpark opposite the Queens Head Hotel. £5 entry fee, pretty sure he doesn't do contactless.

    No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to the front of their machine a working white light and rear of their machine a working rear red light, both lights can be either flashing or constant, that are illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
    Helmets also compulsory now.
    Thanks thistle - playing?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,818
    A bit of blue sky out West which is looking like it's coming this way looking at the wind direction (a good hour before reaching Fort Loon).
    I think he will have to look at importing food given the state of the pedology.
    Supposed to be warming up next week but schools are back making long early morning rides tricky. Ho hum. That damn sungod bloke didn't bring the weather with him. He can stuff his subliminal Pineapple where the sun don't shine.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,901
    I was going to say that today is my Friday, as I'm knocking off at lunchtime. Will get a few things done in the garage and cave then head out on the bike down the country lanes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    tlw1 said:

    thistle_ said:

    tlw1 said:

    thistle_ said:


    Pinning on a number sounds tempting, although a waste of time I think :neutral:

    Do it 😎 only because I can’t remember what time, etc
    There's only this Friday and next Friday left for this season.

    First rider off at 7pm. Sign on from 6.15pm in the carpark opposite the Queens Head Hotel. £5 entry fee, pretty sure he doesn't do contactless.

    No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to the front of their machine a working white light and rear of their machine a working rear red light, both lights can be either flashing or constant, that are illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
    Helmets also compulsory now.
    Thanks thistle - playing?
    Probably not, not really got the Friday TT feeling and I need to try and fix my other bike ready for a ride tomorrow.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,876
    pinno said:

    A bit of blue sky out West which is looking like it's coming this way looking at the wind direction (a good hour before reaching Fort Loon).
    I think he will have to look at importing food given the state of the pedology.
    Supposed to be warming up next week but schools are back making long early morning rides tricky. Ho hum. That damn sungod bloke didn't bring the weather with him. He can stuff his subliminal Pineapple where the sun don't shine.

    the solar barque is crossing the sky as normal

    the clouds are operated by a different department
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Rode in, taking it quite easy, though the tailwind helped keep speeds up.

    Mopping up from Wednesday seems to still be ongoing, as there are 2 blowers operating in the corridor outside the bike store and changing rooms. The lift is also out of service.

    My bottom bracket is still silent and drive train lovely and silky following its dunking and subsequent lubrication, only problem at the moment is a front brake that needs hauling all the way to the bars. I'd better inspect at the weekend, replace pads (if they're worn that much after only 5-6 weeks I won't be happy), clean the rotor. I only bled 5-6 weeks ago, so hopefully it's not that.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

    thistle_ said:


    Helmets also compulsory now.

    They weren't before?!
    Only for kids, but 99% of people wore one anyway for looks/aero gains.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    A bit of blue sky out West which is looking like it's coming this way looking at the wind direction (a good hour before reaching Fort Loon).
    I think he will have to look at importing food given the state of the pedology.
    Supposed to be warming up next week but schools are back making long early morning rides tricky. Ho hum. That damn sungod bloke didn't bring the weather with him. He can stuff his subliminal Pineapple where the sun don't shine.

    the solar barque is crossing the sky as normal

    the clouds are operated by a different department
    Can't you launch a hostile takeover bid for that department?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,005
    Opticians, finally after 2+ years of diddling about replace the pince-nez one legged reading glasses; haircut by a pro after multiple self-inflicted home trims; time to get revved up for some more garden shenanigans this afternoon. The Plan evolves.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,160
    Another failed recruiting attempt today, would you turn up to an interview in long shorts 6" above your scruffy trainers and a football type top?
    I certainly wouldn't.

    Tri training tomorrow as I've joined the local pool so (hopefully) no beers tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,901
    orraloon said:

    pince-nez one legged reading glasses; haircut by a pro after multiple self-inflicted home trims;

    Can we have a 'before' pic Loon? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

    Another failed recruiting attempt today, would you turn up to an interview in long shorts 6" above your scruffy trainers and a football type top?
    I certainly wouldn't.

    Depends what the job was. Hobo then maybe.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,609

    Another failed recruiting attempt today, would you turn up to an interview in long shorts 6" above your scruffy trainers and a football type top?
    I certainly wouldn't.

    Tri training tomorrow as I've joined the local pool so (hopefully) no beers tonight.

    If your rules are the same as here, then those people on unemployment benefits who *don't* want to work but still have to prove they are trying to get a job to keep the benefits do this sort of stuff. Means they can say they went to 73 interviews but nobody gave them a job...

    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,818


    Tri training tomorrow as I've joined the local pool so (hopefully) no beers tonight.

    You got it bad. I mean, once you go down that route, you won't be able to come back.
    Soon you'll be sporting those swim/ride suits and moaning about your tri-bars, eating couscous and chick peas for breakfast and a lunch of nuts, protein bars and alfalfa flavoured biscuits with honeysuckle and beetroot tea.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,818
    thistle_ said:

    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    A bit of blue sky out West which is looking like it's coming this way looking at the wind direction (a good hour before reaching Fort Loon).
    I think he will have to look at importing food given the state of the pedology.
    Supposed to be warming up next week but schools are back making long early morning rides tricky. Ho hum. That damn sungod bloke didn't bring the weather with him. He can stuff his subliminal Pineapple where the sun don't shine.

    the solar barque is crossing the sky as normal

    the clouds are operated by a different department
    Can't you launch a hostile takeover bid for that department?
    One would think Bubbly and exotic canapé farts would clear them.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,562
    edited August 2022
    thistle_ said:

    Another failed recruiting attempt today, would you turn up to an interview in long shorts 6" above your scruffy trainers and a football type top?
    I certainly wouldn't.

    Depends what the job was. Hobo then maybe.
    Is that why I only get offered bum jobs?