'ning

yawn, cafe stroll, gmc dabble, stuff, assemble shiny bike, catnap

this damp, rain and cloud is not acceptable, i want a refund
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Oxo - mates Strava update from Cannock last night included lights 😢

Chilled start as WFH, later in my dreams is a ride but looking at the forecast it’s at the club swimming
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Went running this morning due to the forecast later and for other reasons which I think have proved unnecessary.
    Gym later, then try to find the towel I used after swimming at the beach on Monday which was last seen somewhere in the car and hasn't made it into the wash yet.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Hotel fry up & waffle. water park, restaurant, drinks later.

Scorchio
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    seanoconn said:

Hotel fry up & waffle. water park, restaurant, drinks later.

Scorchio

Enjoy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    It's these council cut backs SG.

Pretty grey and drizzly here. I guess it's all sun and blue skies over Fort Loon (hee hee).
    Got woken up really early by BT engineery walah... who tells me the internal extension is duff. Bollox, bollox, bollox.
    That means today I shall be routing a cable but on the plus side, he's left me the proper stuff and will come back to do 2 x 631A. If he could have just left me the crimps...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

That means today I shall be routing a cable but on the plus side, he's left me the proper stuff and will come back to do 2 x 631A. If he could have just left me the crimps...

I've got a proper crimp tool for them if you want to pop down and pick it up...

I think B&Q and the like sell dies that you can use with a vice or mole grips, but if he's coming back anyway then make him work for the callout fee you're paying.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    edited August 2022
    Decided against getting up at 6am to go into town given that junior needed picking up from the station at midnight last night and almost nobody will be in the office om account of the train strike. So had a lie in and now doing Teams calls from the cave.

Think I'll head to the garden centre for lunch...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Someone, probably living further west, has sent in the weather fairy, grey mizzling and blowey. Not much will get done outside today looks like. Though yesterday I found the soil under the removed turf or more like removed thatch for the new veggie patch was brick hard. Next door farmer bloke, who should know such things, says soil round these parts has a high clay content, sure feels that way. Softening water please, pref overnight.

First gym sesh in 3+ weeks, now hurting.
  • seanoconn
    @beansnikpoh

Managed to squeeze in a trip to the national gallery

Traditional stirring stuff

Quite like these

• thistle_
    Which one's your favourite?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited August 2022
    seanoconn said:

@beansnikpoh

Quite like these

Excellent stuff. I like the cut of your jib.

I'll be visiting galleries, churches and other assorted sights in and around Malaga shortly. From a week tomorrow in fact. Probably alone - the rest of them are all too savvy now. Maybe my mother will accompany me.

I like the lady with the strategically placed furry m u f f, and the angsty fella with the fancy sleeves and a case of butterflies. I want to know what he's so worked up about though. Maybe he's nicked them. Maybe he's a lepidopterist who is aghast at the misclassification of the butterflies. Maybe the artist is suggesting we, the viewer, are all naught but butterflies, and that's why the chap is regarding us so closely.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Fancy not being able to say m u f f without being censored!

She clearly has her hands in a furry m u f f.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I've got a proper crimp tool for them if you want to pop down and pick it up...

I think B&Q and the like sell dies that you can use with a vice or mole grips, but if he's coming back anyway then make him work for the callout fee you're paying.

Nope, all paid for by EE.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

@beansnikpoh

Quite like these

I'll be visiting galleries, churches and other assorted sights in and around Malaga shortly. From a week tomorrow in fact. Probably alone - the rest of them are all too savvy now. Maybe my mother will accompany me.

I like the lady with the strategically placed furry m u f f, and the angsty fella with the fancy sleeves and a case of butterflies. I want to know what he's so worked up about though. Maybe he's nicked them. Maybe he's a lepidopterist who is aghast at the misclassification of the butterflies. Maybe the artist is suggesting we, the viewer, are all naught but butterflies, and that's why the chap is regarding us so closely.
    The angsty fella is Jacek Malczewski, one of Poland’s most famous artists, self portrait. I’ve been told by more than one Polish person that there’s a resemblance but can’t for the life of me think why.

There were rooms of serious looking portraits of 17 & 18th century socialites but not really my cup of tea.
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

Which one's your favourite?

Probably the cypress hedge drive/road or the tall trees in sunset but I know what you mean, just the right amount of pertness 👍
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

@beansnikpoh

Quite like these

The angsty fella is Jacek Malczewski, one of Poland’s most famous artists, self portrait. I’ve been told by more than one Polish person that there’s a resemblance but can’t for the life of me think why.
    It couldn't possibly be his reflective bonce :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    What's Little Red Riding Hood doing in the first painting? Surely she should be in, or near, a forest.