wednesday with a pineapple in my musette

'ning

pack, bask, bubbly in lounge, bubbly on board, back to life, back to reality, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Should be meeting up with a member in a car park. Hybrid commute today, so some gentle miles to enjoy.

Later is undecided
  • tlw1

Solo car park fun 😳
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Bit dull again. Not even a breeze to blow the grey away. Forecast looked better. Thomas Shafernaker and Stav Danos lying, cheating sons of motherless goats.

From sparkling sun and heat wave to cool and dull. Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Solo car park fun 😳

Did you do wheelies and bunny hops and grinding and skids and doughnuts?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Another day Execu/twatcaving while waiting for more rain to arrive. Will cycle in tomorrow and beat the train strike. Got a Teams call later with some bod from the council doing my DBS check so they know I'm not trying to traffic Ukrainians.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    tlw1 said:

Solo car park fun 😳

Sonder?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    No but his legs are asunder.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

No but his legs are asunder.

They were rather sore last night
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Afternoon

Feeling shyte
    Even had to cancel my car park date this morning :disappointed:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    pinno said:

Bit dull again. Not even a breeze to blow the grey away.

You need to choose a better part of the world to live in 😎 Ride rided, sunshine, bit breezy, all good.

Another vote for front flasher though: dropping downhill on a bendy singletrack road through woods, hear what sounds like a tractor, slow down as precaution. Yes it is, and a Big One filling the road completely. And it's coming for me. Fortunately there was a field gate entrance to bolt into, as I reckon he was 10m from me before he saw the flasher and bright yellow top and backed off the revs. Dark top and no flasher = ?
  • pinno
    Well don't wear a dark top (you twit).

I rided too and the sun has popped out, so there.

Today's terrible pic:

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    flight delayed due to rubbish uk weather

lounge cava is delicious, working my way through the local delicacies, had the ropa vieja, now on the albondigas with a side of salchichon
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

It's fine here?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

It's fine here?

apparently the wrong kind of storms in southern england and bits of france/spain

i'd guess the pax on the inbound to here were sat on the plane many hours, hope it gets a proper wipe down before we board

just had a salchichon y queso bocadillo, feeling rather full
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

It's fine here?

I had to carry my bike up the stairs from the bike store, as there was water pouring through the lifts. The stairs were also pouring with water, but not electrified. When I got to the exit door, there was a mid shin deep river trying to get in. So I opened the door and legged it. Hopefully whoever looks at the cameras will see it was already a flood situation before I made it a little bit worse...I'm not in til Friday, hopefully they'll have mopped it up.
  • thistle_

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

It's fine here?

I had to carry my bike up the stairs from the bike store, as there was water pouring through the lifts. The stairs were also pouring with water, but not electrified. When I got to the exit door, there was a mid shin deep river trying to get in. So I opened the door and legged it. Hopefully whoever looks at the cameras will see it was already a flood situation before I made it a little bit worse...I'm not in til Friday, hopefully they'll have mopped it up.
    Was your bike ok?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    thistle_ said:

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

It's fine here?

Was your bike ok?
    Brakes honked a bit in the deluge, it all dried out after 5 km or so, but chain and cassette got a good wash, so gt85'd and wiped when I got home, ready to lube tomorrow a.m.
  • pinno
    edited August 2022
    Hope your BB is sealed or it will squeak like buggery.
    With the deep rims, it will be woosh squeak woosh squeak woosh squeak honk honk woosh squeak woosh squeak woosh squeak honk honk all the way in...

Quite the one man band really.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

Afternoon

Feeling shyte
    Even had to cancel my car park date this morning :disappointed:

😂
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    decidedly moist at times today, wobble home was interesting but not quite the flooding problems of b³.
    Fixed up a knackered old ladies town bike for the idiot brother in law to use. Once he's finished with it I'll donate it to a local charity. Good night of talking ballcocks at the pub, helps get a perspective on things.