Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal...

It's a perfect morning.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Into the office for some free air con. Was a bit misty this morning, felt like Autumn until I remembered heatwave mark 2 is kicking off today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Early walk with the hounds so I could cycle over to da coach to discuss injuries and racing - mmmmmm 50:50 currently

Later is meant to be ale avoidance but itโ€™s sunny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Morning

Ride around on an even more broken bike this morning. Saw some interesting contraptions on the cycle path today.

Now WFW. Maybe some team silliness at lunchtime.

Gym later, if they don't ring up to say it's too hot again.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Office again, bike again - lovely morning for it, though it might be a bit warm later.

Another lunch with advisers, but someone has to do it. Yesterday turned out to be oysters and bubbly, then a nice steak. Today is Ivy Asia at St Pauls - never been, grub looks good though.

Early dart to collect mini from a day camp, then a beer or two in the garden.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Awesome capt slog
  • pinno
    Capt. Slog - grand daddy day care.
  • pinno
    ...oh, and Capt. Slog Banking/cash machine/interest free loans.
  • pinno
    Have you thrashed your family at Volleyball/badminton yet @seanoconn ?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Ai, getting warm. More hedge mangling this morning, then got household surveyed, seems I'm one of 10,000 randomly selected households across Scotland. Or am I? Or is The Machine looking for me? ๐Ÿค” Tip run tipped and that's it. Down tools, sit in the shade and chill. Or argue pointlessly on t'interweb.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    pinno said:

They are getting a bit tasty unfortunately. One can already run faster than me. He doesnโ€™t know it yet as I retired from racing before he could beat me. An illusion of superiority needs to be maintained at all times. My height, strength and reach advantage should allow me a couple more years before I have to retire from ball, bat, racquet games.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Evening folks,
    Another day of office based stupidity, pleasant pedal in was ruined by some tw@ in a souped up BMW trying to kill me. Wobble home was rather slow as it got quite toasty.
    Need to call my sister and check on old dear type lunacy.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited August 2022
    Lunch was v good, even if we did stick to water. Excellent spicy lamb chops.

Not much evidence of people worrying about the cost of living in EC postcodes. Everywhere rammo in the sunshine. I suppose it is Thursday, which, with wfh, is even more of the new Friday.

A couple of ice cold beers from the freezer. In the garden.

More bikey bikey in the sunshine tomorrow. Getting back to that ideal state of permanently tired legs that will respond to a request for a bit more effort if required.
  • thistle_

More bikey bikey in the sunshine tomorrow.

Gym class was cancelled because it was too firkin hot (not my decision) but it meant I had the time to fix the broken spoke I discovered this morning so I can also do some bikey bikey in the sunshine tomorrow.
    Finally got round to swapping the pedals back over and the wheel got some proper rim tape after the old stuff snagged and cut the tube.

How do you tell a colleague that they're the problem when they ask you if everything's OK? :neutral:

• beansnikpoh
    Grunt in a non-committal way, and go back to wishing them ill in private, while you get on with it. Or leave if they make your life intolerable.

The only person I have properly disliked in a work situation, I was able to sack, I mean "manage out".
  • thistle_

Grunt in a non-committal way, and go back to wishing them ill in private, while you get on with it.

I'll keep trying that until I can leave :wink:
    And keep looking forward to that cycle home in the sunshine :smiley:

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    thistle_ said:

How do you tell a colleague that they're the problem when they ask you if everything's OK? :neutral:

See you pal, you're a fucking piece of fucking shit.
    HTH.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

Voodoo dolls. Works for me.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

They are getting a bit tasty unfortunately. One can already run faster than me. He doesnโ€™t know it yet as I retired from racing before he could beat me. An illusion of superiority needs to be maintained at all times. My height, strength and reach advantage should allow me a couple more years before I have to retire from ball, bat, racquet games.
    A good plan.

• pinno
    Shorty cycled 10 miles this evening with me.

I draughted her all the way, sticking to her back wheel like glue and then with 50 yds to go, I came round and thrashed the pants off her, winning by at least 2 bike lengths...

Oh soz - thought I was Seano for a moment.
  • pinno
    In all seriousness, fair play to her. Ave 11mph and hilly - I let her set the tempo and got her to go piano piano to start with. That helped.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    thistle_ said:

Don't pin them to a wall by the throat and threaten to murderise them, for some reason this is frowned upon.