wednesday this is earth calling

'ning

another go at the end to end and back, cafes, spare contacts

i noticed they replaced the missing windsock, now we don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Office fun without the chance to hybrid commute as it’s toll road fun
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Elected to take it easy and replace mower belts today. Pedal early tomorrow morning.
    A strange fog is drifting across and blocking out the once pristine blue sky...
    Maybe it's 'Loon and his downdraught testing.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Office fun with a hybrid commute.
    Fun might be pushing it.
  • pinno
    Fog has lifted.
    Purchased 2L tub of ice cream to make milk shakes on account of Tricky deciding not to drink till she is 18. I think it's lack of school protest. Her urine was like burnt umber.
    It's sort of good; 2 weeks holiday was bearable and now she's lasted almost 5.
  • pinno
    Has sg managed the Tour of Lanzarote endo to endo without mishap?
    I dunno what the plan was - middle to end to other end (passing the middle start point) and then end and back to middle?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    I thought it was a bit of a faff on the way in - a light headwind. Should be whooshable on the way home then.

Lots on today, including a lunch at coq d'argent, where I have not been for >10 years.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    More wfh, might get a bit warm later on with no air con. Bit light on meetings today so will head out and get my hair chopped off at lunchtime. Hopefully last physio session after work as leg seems to be sorting itself out OK.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Main activity today will be a venture to the Hall of the Mountain king, en autobus et à pied as well. Relocation means relocation away from my season ticket favourite eye hospital as well, this will be the induction icebreaker, partay games a-comin'.

Hope the aircon on the bus is working.

Anyways, means I avoid shitshovelling for today.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

If he endo'd it the whole way his contact lens would definitely fall out.

• Stevo_666
    Reminds me that we rather liked Lanzagrote, must organise a trip back there some time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, too much to do and not a hope of getting it all done. So I bothered TLW for some bits for me. None of the girls are in today, the good thing about that is I can choose the music. Pleasant enough wobble in, going to be rather warmer later and scorchio kicks in again tomorrow . Hope the new eye hospital works out well 'loon.
    Wednesday means pub later.
    Onwards and upwards
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

If he endo'd it the whole way his contact lens would definitely fall out.

Not to be confused with innuendo which is Italian for suppository.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Main activity today will be a venture to the Hall of the Mountain king, en autobus et à pied as well. Relocation means relocation away from my season ticket favourite eye hospital as well, this will be the induction icebreaker, partay games a-comin'.

Hopefully, you'll see the big boss herself Dr Bothyra.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

I dunno what the plan was - middle to end to other end (passing the middle start point) and then end and back to middle?

playa blanca at the bottom end, via all the high bits, hairpins down to haria at the top end, turn around, same route back

6hrs, 130km, 1750m up, 2900kcal, hefty headwind for the first half, scorchio coming back

couldn't face eating another energy bar, let the tailwind propel me the last few km

curry later
  • pinno
    edited August 2022
    You could have been 'home' 37 mins earlier had you averaged 15mph. But I don't understand; couldn't you have had at least 3 café stops?
    Doesn't all those energy bars weigh you down and make you slower? You see - energy bars make you slower.

I shall Google earth the route later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    bars are simplest as i need to keep eating throughout, especially as the first hours are hardest, otherwise i get an energy deficit i can't make up (unless i stop for ages)

had three quick stops for cans of coke and one for a sausage roll just to have something that wasn't sweet!

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    edited August 2022

My holiday ride. 25 year old typhoon raven, completely original with zero maintenance of any kind to spoil its authentic beauty. Awesome for the local hill repeats. 3 sizes too small but great for the quads!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

My other ride busy trimming the badminton/volleyball court.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    She's gonna love you seano!

Bit of a gradient on the court, or does that double as the venue for your hill repeats?
  • seanoconn
    I’ll take a pics of the court a bit later, bit of a slope but it’s ok if you don’t trip on the mole hills.

• orraloon
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Hopefully, you'll see the big boss herself Dr Bothyra.
    Dr Boytha you mean. No, not her. Should have made some notes of names, didn't; was a youngish black lady doctor, very helpful and communicative plus a young trainee lady alongside - Q&A time, now take a look at this interesting eye and tell me what you see... Anyroads all signed on, they had access to my history.

Codsed up the bus back, thought I was in time for a 500 direct along A75, watched a 502 come and go. Then checked timetable. Boxxox. Hang about another 1/2 hour for a 501 via Dalbeattie, arrives, rammed, standing room only. Turns out was a big orthodox Jewish 2 families group up from Lahndahn on train heading for somewhere, they didn't know, in Dalbeattie on holiday. So many young kids! But they were welcoming and helpful, made space, chatted away. Nice.
  • tlw1

So I bothered TLW for some bits for me.

It was hard work forwarding those emails on 😂
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

It’s not often the shorts are shorter than the grass
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    It looks like, from here, it needs dethatching.
  • orraloon
    seanoconn said:

You do realise this will feature in a future caption comp?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I'm speechless.
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2022
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

I'm speechless.
    I know - the wellies don't match her outfit :D
  • pinno
    edited August 2022
    I had the story corroborated today - On the tannoy at the farm park on Monday there was an announcement:
    "Can the parents of the young girl with 2 pigtails wearing the yellow T shirt please go to the basement"
    She had wondered off. She followed the 'big one's' and had gone down the High drop slide. She was 2.
    Shorty said that they had tried to stop her.
    I mean, I went down it and it was frikkin scary. Fear and adrenalin in equal measure. I did not hesitate in case I bottled out.
  • pinno
    masjer said:

Ctrl + ?
  • pinno
    masjer said:

Ctrl + ?
    sungod said:

bars are simplest as i need to keep eating throughout, especially as the first hours are hardest, otherwise i get an energy deficit i can't make up (unless i stop for ages)

had three quick stops for cans of coke and one for a sausage roll just to have something that wasn't sweet!

I see: