tuesday burns so bright whilst you can only wonder why

'ning

ride to the other end and back, with much up and down, many cafes and energy bars, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    More work snizzle then out for a friends birthday party later.

Hopefully fit a ride in between but no running as my knee is on strike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    It's warming up so pedal pedal pedal...
    Not a breath of wind; should be perfect. It's currently 16 deg c. Just fuelling up.

Elbow is a bit sore form a friction burn obtained from one helluva scary dropslide.
    This "come on Daddy" business is getting a bit silly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Supposedly on jury service but been put back another day so doing SBA other than chill and maybe ride.

At least you're not stuck there Oxo. When I did my Jury Service they made us wait around in some holding area in the court building with no WiFi and the world's worst coffee. For a week - and we only got to hear one case.

Day of work from cave. Could be quite tedious.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Collecting mini on the train, so half day for me. Got up early and gave the garden the clip and sweep it needed before it gets too warm. Dumped all the dead leaves and green cuttings in the neighbour's green recycling bin as it's collection day. Scaffolders in her front garden, a week late.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning

Run in the sun
    WFW
    Order more bike bits
    Playing with radios later if there's any motivation left
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Late start, 12 hour sleep! Has to be an easy pottering day, managed to tweak a calf muscle yesterday while lugging heavy bulk bags around, which knocked out the prospective pedalling bimble. Bleepin' annoying.

Think I'll mangle a hedge and clear out more shite before it gets too warm for anything other than a coldie or 2.

(What I found out yesterday: stove installers are booked out for 6 months solid. I wonder why people are keen to instal woodburners?🤔)
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

(What I found out yesterday: stove installers are booked out for 6 months solid. I wonder why people are keen to instal woodburners?🤔)

Need help?

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Need help?

Nah, not at moment, just at the exploring options stage re the old school open chimney fireplace at one end. Woodburner at t'other end functioning though need to fit a better anti-downdraught cowl. 10-12 weeks leadtimes on Clearview stoves as well; had a Pioneer 400 before and it's a wee belter.

Front hedge all trimmed and looking better; the nesting birds had all cleared off so all good.

Right, some more shitshovelling beckons.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,514
    up and over timanfaya, almost to la vegueta, about quarter distance, and lost a contact lens to a swirl of crosswind getting under my shades

first thought was find somewhere calm to put a spare in, second thought was realisation i'd left them behind, grrr, headed back

never descended at 60-70k with one eye shut before, but with both open i was losing track of which of the three edges of the road was the real one

pleasant bask

try again tomorrow
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Need help?

Nah, not at moment, just at the exploring options stage re the old school open chimney fireplace at one end. Woodburner at t'other end functioning though need to fit a better anti-downdraught cowl. 10-12 weeks leadtimes on Clearview stoves as well; had a Pioneer 400 before and it's a wee belter.
    Anti-downdraught cowl is a Chinese hat - I gave you a link.

Have you tried Fire places direct in Springholm?

01556 650769

• pinno
    sungod said:

up and over timanfaya, almost to la vegueta, about quarter distance, and lost a contact lens to a swirl of crosswind getting under my shades

first thought was find somewhere calm to put a spare in, second thought was realisation i'd left them behind, grrr, headed back

never descended at 60-70k with one eye shut before, but with both open i was losing track of which of the three edges of the road was the real one

pleasant bask

try again tomorrow

Superglue?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Anti-downdraught cowl is a Chinese hat

I think that's what sungod needs to stop his contact lens being blown out.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,514
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pleasant bask

try again tomorrow

Superglue?
    stings a bit, also rather blurry
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

pleasant bask

try again tomorrow

Superglue?
    Noted.
    Pva - high on the blurry stakes.
    Don't fancy clear silicone?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

pleasant bask

try again tomorrow

Superglue?
    Noted.
    Pva - high on the blurry stakes.
    Don't fancy clear silicone?
    Gaffer tape