my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Back at the work stuff
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Blue skies 😎 woohoo.

Another load of clear out keerap tip run upcoming, I do have a season ticket there, but after that is it ride vs work stuff, work stuff vs ride? Tbd.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Off to a farm park with trampolines.
    Shorty + 1 other, Tricky and me. Should be a giggle. Wondering if I need ear muffs for the drive up or...
    Should I play:
    Classic FM (at full whack)
    Some 80's mash up on CD that I recorded*
    70's Disco
    Dire Straits
    Late 80's dance, Technotronic etc
    Pink Floyd

* @alan_a (absolutely no Neil Diamond)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Off to a farm park with trampolines.
    Shorty + 1 other, Tricky and me. Should be a giggle. Wondering if I need ear muffs for the drive up or...
    Should I play:
    Classic FM (at full whack)
    Some 80's mash up on CD that I recorded*
    70's Disco
    Dire Straits
    Late 80's dance, Technotronic etc
    Pink Floyd

* @alan_a (absolutely no Neil Diamond)

Let them have control, though it's unlikely they have any of their music in the correct prehistoric format. :)

Gentle bike in, lovely day. Spoiled by having to go to work though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Slow ride into work, at least I'm no slower than I was 2 weeks ago. Actually quite good to go into the office after a week of wfh with covid. Enjoying free coffee and air con...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    edited August 2022
    WFH today, beautiful weather. OH was away at 4am to go to Belfast for work, I think she will have to stop work soon because she's in quite a bit of discomfort most of the time now. We are camping in the Cairngorms next week at her request so we shall see...

Off out on the bouncy bike after work hopefully. I haven't ridden in a while, I seem to be faster down the hills but much less fit so riding both days this weekend has taken its toll. Booking a race for October which should give me something to get fit for before (hopefully) the babies arrive.

Off to Sutherland tomorrow for a few nights to do a valuation, weather looks great. Might take the bike and do some exploring from the hotel.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Nice crisp sunny day for a change, been a run of cloudy blah for a week or so.

Been making a few more odds and ends in shed, finished most of them at last, just one more to make and another to sand/wax finish.

Dentist tomorrow to (probably) get tooth pulled as it's still a problem. Humph.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, nice ride in with a very sweaty ride back. The rest of the day was exceedingly full.
    tlw1 said:

Back at the work stuff

Commiserations
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Evening
    Rode to work this morning. Have "highlighted" some potholes to the local highway authorities which they insist don't exist and I'm lying.
    Feeling wobbly on the way home though and not sure why, have eaten plenty today.

Need to spend some £££££ on bike parts.
    Can anyone recommend a cheap but decent press for BB30 bearings? I'm after one that does a decent job of getting them in parallel as they always go a bit cock eyed with my old press (which has now broken anyway).
    I was going to go with the Lifeline one from CRC/Wiggle but looking closer at the photos I'm not sure if the bushings are thin plates and will press the bearing in less parallel than a big chunky one?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Popped out to chuck a can in the recycling. Got abused for being a bloody cyclist. Realised it was V68 in a mini sized car after a couple of seconds of wondering.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Had I been more on the ball I could have shouted "bloody recyclist" at you :D
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    thistle_ said:

Evening
    Rode to work this morning. Have "highlighted" some potholes to the local highway authorities which they insist don't exist and I'm lying.
    Feeling wobbly on the way home though and not sure why, have eaten plenty today.

Need to spend some £££££ on bike parts.
    Can anyone recommend a cheap but decent press for BB30 bearings? I'm after one that does a decent job of getting them in parallel as they always go a bit censored eyed with my old press (which has now broken anyway).
    I was going to go with the Lifeline one from CRC/Wiggle but looking closer at the photos I'm not sure if the bushings are thin plates and will press the bearing in less parallel than a big chunky one?

i've got the wheels mfg one

there're similar on ebay, for instance... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133877643362
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    I have Campag.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    The Wheels one looks nice, out of stock in most places so may have to get it from Mantel and wait for it to arrive.
    Campag looks nicer but don't think I can justify the cost given how often it will get used.
  • sungod
    thistle_ said:

The Wheels one looks nice, out of stock in most places so may have to get it from Mantel and wait for it to arrive.
    Campag looks nicer but don't think I can justify the cost given how often it will get used.

says in stock here (other places too)...

https://www.bikeparts.co.uk/products/wheels-mfg-consumer-bearing-press-w-o-drifts
    https://www.bikeparts.co.uk/products/wheels-mfg-replacement-6806-open-bore-adaptor-for-the-wmfg-large-bearing-press (get two)
  • sungod
    edited August 2022
  • thistle_
    Thanks sungod, didn't manage to find that site when searching.