Ribble Gravel bikes - worth getting?

Based on the great reviews on Bikeradar and other cycling websites I am interested in getting one of the Ribble gravel bikes. Either CGR or the gravel line.

However I am a bit worried about all the negative reviews about delays and poor customer service and poor communication.

What are your thoughts please? Thanks ever so much

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,946
    edited August 2022
    I suspect it's a lot like Canyon, just in this country.

A mate of mine ordered an aero bike back in the spring time, I think at that point delivery was scheduled for October, but it has now been pushed back to January.

He's fairly ok with it, as he wasn't planning to ride it in the winter anyway, but I suspect if it slips beyond March he might be properly narked - he has said they are not very good at communicating changes in the delivery date.

Similarly I ordered a Scott Addict Gravel 30 from Balfes bikes last year - deposit paid in something like September or October (May 22 delivery date), entire amount paid through C2W voucher in December.

In contrast their comms have been outstanding, really quick response (And that's not just one person, 5 different people I have dealt with at head office and the store I have chosen to collect from) incredibly polite, professional and friendly - probably the best and most responsive retailer I have ever dealt with, already planning to buy a groupset off them after this.

Anyway, I digress - the delivery date slipped to December, then came back to July, and is currently allegedly the end of August.

Despite the fact I am having to suffer a 38 mile there and back commute on a hybrid twice a week in the meantime, I do not begrudge the bike being delayed, as it is the bike I want, with the right spec, and it won't just be a commuter, it will be a gravel bike, light tourer, and probably used for family rides as well - I'm likely to have it clear wrapped as well prior to use.

Everyone has delays currently, unless they evidently have a bike in stock, parts are in short supply, and they can't give cast iron guarantees.

EDIT: Another mate has a Ribble gravel bike (Delivered this year), forget the model, but he calls it a rusty brown colour, and absolutely loves it.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mikes-brother
    mikes-brother Posts: 29
    edited August 2022
    Thanks - your post's made me think.... --- in the end I contacted various bike shops and found something that's actually in stock (i.e. not ribble) . All sounds too stressful.