sunday you gotta get out of it, out of it, out of it, out of it, out of it

'ning

ride cafes and bask in the scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Good luck Oxo

Run been done, some beach place for a swim and lunch then off to the local boozer for the GP and potentially the footballl
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    oxoman said:

First ever 10k cross-country event coming up in a few hrs with minimal training...

Beansie nipple rash?
    oxoman said:

Try new heart sensor out...

Silly ^.
    oxoman said:

...2wks jury service 🙄.

...and you sit there and your wife appears in the dock. Dun dun daaa...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Fresh, clear blue sky.

Must go shovel a few wheelbarrows of gravel. Maybe 'Loon could volunteer as he has had lots of practice. In fact, he could show me and i'll give him tea and biscuits.

Beans went up another tree. I left him to it. He re-appeared.
    Maybe he's growing up.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    A few wheelbarrows! Pah. I raise you 2 bulk bags. But no ta to your kind offer.

Blue skies indeed. More new routes exploration beckons and today should feature a gentle descent to the beaches, assuming I can read my maps correctly.
  • orraloon
    And talking of 'gentle' descents and ascents, the TCR#8 race is getting really interesting, with the leading 3 close (rel speaking) to each other. Hard core these people.

Tracker on here https://www.transcontinental.cc/
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

Morning. Definitely not scorchio here, damp to say the least. First ever 10k cross-country event coming up in a few hrs with minimal training and no experience its going to be interesting to say the least.

Race should be good, just watch that you don't slip after the rain and faceplant. It's only 2x parkruns back to back.

More sleep last night than the one before, but wasn't difficult. Doms setting in from Friday night, yoga done, kitchen cleaned. Most productive start to a Sunday for a while.
    Sun's coming out here now. Off to a friend's for burgers and cake later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    free churros with brekkie at cafe stop ii

the day stretches out before me like a sunbed
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

A few wheelbarrows! Pah.

“You see, in this world, there are two kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.”

• pinno
    sungod said:

By coercion?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    pinno said:

sungod said:

By coercion?
    i think it's a frequent ciclista del volcán benefit, like the free coffee from the nice lady at the cafe under the volcano
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

By coercion?
    i think it's a frequent ciclista del volcán benefit, like the free coffee from the nice lady at the cafe under the volcano
    You'll end up as next years Pâté.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, but not for long.
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now enjoying a coffee before heading over to sort stuff at the old dear's new gaff. Given she was 52 years in the old one how long should it be until this one isn't new? She's looking forward to coming back. Feels good to be getting things ready for her.
    Hope the race went well Oxo.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Weekend of a lot of CBA. Managed to at least get the bits of frame glued up, tomorrow will get busy with finishing detail work perhaps. Other Mr WS would like it done by the weekend for an exhibition.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    Another pleasing ride, the roads here are so so traffic light, I reckon encountered fewer than 10 veehickles during a 2+ hour ride, outside of towns and villages, on a mix of A/B/single track roads. Encourages me to do more road riding. Or more riding in general. All good.

Increasing the metres of climbing; might have got to oh 10% of what the TdFF riders did on yesterday's stage... 😉
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Made it home back to the subtropical South East. Still feeling a bit ropey so did another lateral flow test and this one came out positive :/ Have contacted everyone I visited just in case.

Looks like its WFH this week and one cancelled beer session in the week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Made it home back to the subtropical South East. Still feeling a bit ropey so did another lateral flow test and this one came out positive :/ Have contacted everyone I visited just in case.

Hard lines Stevo. I reckon it was those poached eggs.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Hard lines Stevo. I reckon it was those poached eggs.
    I know, I would have been fine if they'd been fried.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Up and back to Cov.

Well done to the England women. I watched extra time.

I was more interested in my bacon, mushroom, onion and chilli wrap what that I knocked up from fridge and cupboard.

Get well soon Stevo.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Buying furniture. Hoping for exchange on Friday with completion 2 weeks later.
  • Stevo_666

Up and back to Cov.

Well done to the England women. I watched extra time.

I was more interested in my bacon, mushroom, onion and chilli wrap what that I knocked up from fridge and cupboard.

Get well soon Stevo.

Ta - it's a mild dose so just means wfh this week. Might go for a bike ride to sweat it out in a day or two.
  • veronese68
    That's dull Stevo, hope it doesn't get any worse. I've heard, but might be BS of course, that trying to do too much can aggravate COVID. So sweating it out might make it worse. If so it could be that MTFU is best avoided. So wimp the fook down and take it easy. Bloody annoying this is just as your leg has got better, would have been convenient to have the enforced rest.
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2022

That's dull Stevo, hope it doesn't get any worse. I've heard, but might be BS of course, that trying to do too much can aggravate COVID. So sweating it out might make it worse. If so it could be that MTFU is best avoided. So wimp the fook down and take it easy. Bloody annoying this is just as your leg has got better, would have been convenient to have the enforced rest.

Cheers V, sensible advice. Had a quick Google and this seems to be decent guidance:
    https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/covid-19-exercise-when-ill-whats-okay-and-whats-not/
    They're advising that you're OK to exercise if your symptoms are only from the neck up, but leave it if you've got symptoms below the neck. So I just need the cough to f off then I'm good for a pootle :)
  • veronese68
    Sounds reasonable, obviously don't just take the word of some tw@ on the internet 😁
    I know quite a few that would be glad of the excuse to do nothing, much as I moan it would drive me nuts