friday summer's lease hath all too short a date

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    oxoman said:

Why has nobody mentioned bubble and squeek to go with the breakfast also not enough mushrooms and crispy bacon only.

Thumbs up for bubble and squeak.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355

Evening folks,
    A long and busy day in the orifice, went to the cafe with the now former MD and a couple of others, I did have bubble, very good too. Sausage, egg, beans (sorry beans), mushrooms and bubble all washed down with a mug of strong tea. Needed a fried slice too.
    Busy weekend ahead of moving furniture, oh joy.

Will a/the new MD make any difference?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Agreed re bubble. I makes it with crushed up leftover roast potatoes and cabbage. Boxing day usually. With slices of Christmas ham and an egg.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    pinno said:

Evening folks,
    A long and busy day in the orifice, went to the cafe with the now former MD and a couple of others, I did have bubble, very good too. Sausage, egg, beans (sorry beans), mushrooms and bubble all washed down with a mug of strong tea. Needed a fried slice too.
    Busy weekend ahead of moving furniture, oh joy.

Will a/the new MD make any difference?
    No, the decisions are all made by the USAnian owners. The MD is just the poor sap that has to enact them. I've known him for over 30 years and he's a good friend now. He soon realised he had no power and was merely a puppet. When things went well it was because he'd done as our overlords had said, now they've gone south he's been made scapegoat. Brexit wiped millions off our sales, we could have made up for it in other areas if the computer system hadn't been changed at the behest of our owners at the same time. As it turned out we were trying to work with our hands tied behind our backs and blindfolded. Trying to put a new system into a place like that entirely remotely due to the pandemic was always going to be difficult, but in their infinite wisdom we were told to plough on. Two and a half years in and some basic elements of the system still don't work. But, because the yanks wanted it we have to make it work by fudging things rather than fixing it properly.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515

Stevo_666 said:

:)

Firstly, beans have no place on the plate, fried slice instead.
    Secondly, even if you have to have beans, to let them touch the eggs is a crime, you should use a sausage as a breakwater.
    Thirdly though - :) (except for the bean/egg conjunction)
    Not too fussed, as long as I'm full. Which I was :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

:)

Who has a fry up with poached eggs!?
    I'm watching my figure :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]