my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    sungod said:

'ning

more scorchio, more more, more

About covers it.

Run been done, swim/paddle in the pool and just enjoyed breakfast.

Might have a trip out to do something. Ale will be enjoyed obviously
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Today is my Friday as off oop North tomorrow for a long weekend to see friends and family for the first time since late 2019. Going to be mega hot by Redcar standards - 20C so have been invited to a BBQ.

Train strike today so another day in the cave.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Cloudy grey meh and no wind to blow it away.

Must get Toots to activities.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    'ning

Sunny here but cool, might warm up later for a long ride home.
    Tired though today, and shoulder/foot playing up.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Doing admin so far, paying credit card and order travel money ticked off the list.
    Onwards to some metallic manipulation.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Will pedal after I collect Toots as it is brightening up. So scoff scoff scoff beforehand.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, diverted from the West Coast to office in sunny Edinburgh. Currently the only one in the office so a leisurely day ahead I hope. Probably find someone for a pint later.

• thistle_
    haydenm said:

Probably find someone for a pint later.

Someone told me about an app for that. Grindr I think it was called.

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    thistle_ said:

haydenm said:

Off for a meal with my boss and his wife instead so the chances of being violated are greatly reduced but not zero...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    And... crackered. Moved contents of a couple of bulk bags of gravel; shovel into barrow, dump onto rumblewagon, up the hill, shovel off into barrow, take round side, of house, rebag inc more shovel action. Reckon that's about 4.5t of materials handling. Don't need a gym sesh today. And it was full sunshine. Another to-do done.

Neighbours tell those bags had been in stupid situ when they moved in 3 plus years ago. Tatties there next year.

Best get moving again before I seize up all together.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    haydenm said:

thistle_ said:

haydenm said:

Off for a meal with my boss and his wife instead so the chances of being violated are greatly reduced but not zero...
    High 5 across her back?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

thistle_ said:

haydenm said:

High 5 across her back?
    https://youtu.be/Bd7ArZoSEII
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    No scorchio, no infierno, just mild and grey grey grey. Ride, wfw, ride, dinner, now Simpsons with mini. Busy August beckons.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,319
    Evening folks,
    Another day of orifice based fun. Pleasant wobble to and from at least. Being Wednesday I will of course be going to the pub.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

And... crackered. Moved contents of a couple of bulk bags of gravel; shovel into barrow, dump onto rumblewagon, up the hill...

Up the drive to Fort Loon?!

Farq me.
    Where did you put the gravel?

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

And... crackered. Moved contents of a couple of bulk bags of gravel; shovel into barrow, dump onto rumblewagon, up the hill...

Farq me.

Aye, all the way up, then round the other side of the fort, rebagged, to where in due course it will be deployed. Decorative gravel innit.

Breaking news: the tarmac team who did a fine job next door last week are back tomorrow to sort out the scree slope. 👍 good news

Here's how it looks now post an excess-tarmac dump on Friday. Which has been good enough to take the mowtah up.

• thistle_
    orraloon said:

Here's how it looks now post an excess-tarmac dump on Friday. Which has been good enough to take the mowtah up.

Looks like a local council "yes we've fixed the potholes" job.

• pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Farq me.

Aye, all the way up, then round the other side of the fort, rebagged, to where in due course it will be deployed. Decorative gravel innit.

Breaking news: the tarmac team who did a fine job next door last week are back tomorrow to sort out the scree slope. 👍 good news

Lovely, nice.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    orraloon said:

That’s another job that needs doing here - driveway is in need of resurfacing, and we’d plans to re-route the end of it as well. Not even game to ask for a quote to do it though…. There’s 250 metres of it to do, and that’s before we start on new landscaping works.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS