my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Run been runned in the mountains - foot hurt too much 🤬

Hell on earth / busy hotel water park today followed by ale obviously
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Don't kid me you're not going to get stuck in at the water park.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Cloudy grey meh again.
    It poured last night.

Today will be Zoom meeting for an hour or so and then... well, i'm not sure really. Try and entertain toots.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    Morning

WFW, rode in through the drizzle. Hopefilly it will be dry on the way hone.

Need to order some new pedals to see if it stops the creaking, it's not my knees they make a different noise.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    pinno said:

Don't kid me you're not going to get stuck in at the water park.

I’ve no choice, current wife and eldest girlfriend have decided they are going to the spa and I’m with the rug rats

That is if I can get some fuel for the hire car

• pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

That is if I can get some fuel for the hire car

Just piddle in the tank.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    Just piddle in the water park.

Lazy afternoon yesterday which included a pub Sunday lunch followed by wine on the couch.

Lots to do, maybe even entertain some form of exercise...

Maybe.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Yawn. Up way too early to drive & pedal in. Now recovering in the office with coffee and scotch eggs while listening to some general guff on a management update call, along with about 3,000 other people.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Stevo_666 said:

Yawn. Up way too early to drive & pedal in. Now recovering in the office with coffee and scotch eggs while listening to some general guff on a management update call, along with about 3,000 other people.

Eggs plural?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2022
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eggs plural?
    1 down, 1 to go later (fuel for ride back to Bromley). Didn't want to spoil my appetite for the 800g cottage pie that I'm chomping my way through just now :smile:

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eggs plural?
    1 down, 1 to go later (fuel for ride back to Bromley). Didn't want to spoil my appetite for the 800g cottage pie that I'm chomping my way through just now :smile:

No dinner for you tonight! Do you have an oven at work? Doesn’t look like a microwaved jobby.

Me.
    Homemade muesli.
    Broccoli rice and salmon lunch.
    Steak and egg salad dinner. Balls out commute.

Working on my bikini body 😎
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eggs plural?

No dinner for you tonight! Do you have an oven at work? Doesn’t look like a microwaved jobby.

Me.
    Homemade muesli.

You're going to starve unless that's a good lump of cow.

I will have dinner tonight, its just that the Mrs doesn't seem to be capable of adjusting portion sizes for days when I'm cycling so I need to load up in advance. Thank **** for a high metabolic rate...no worries as long as I'm burning it off.

(It is a microwave jobbie BTW)
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eggs plural?
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eggs plural?

Me.
    Homemade muesli.

Does having your balls out on the commute help with the bikini body? Should I be trying this?
  • beansnikpoh
    Wfw. Rapid journey in - tailwind plus no bag. I expect homeward will be much harder work, headwind plus bag. Maybe having being "knackers out" a la Seano will speed things up a bit.
  • seanoconn

Wfw. Rapid journey in - tailwind plus no bag. I expect homeward will be much harder work, headwind plus bag. Maybe having being "knackers out" a la Seano will speed things up a bit.

Shave or veet them for aero gains. 👍
  • Stevo_666
    Glad I finished my lunch before reading that :)
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Tuck.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eggs plural?

Me.
    Homemade muesli.

I will have dinner tonight, its just that the Mrs doesn't seem to be capable of adjusting portion sizes for days when I'm cycling so I need to load up in advance. Thank **** for a high metabolic rate...no worries as long as I'm burning it off.

Eugh.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eggs plural?

Me.
    Homemade muesli.

Eugh.
    I must admit, I’m not brave enough for a microwaved cottage pie. Reminds me of why I choose packed lunch for school.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Tuck.
    Tuck your knackers in?
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Tuck.
    Tuck your knackers in?
    It’s easier for Pinno
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Is this all prep for a live reenactment of the caption comp pic?

Another gym sesh earlier, these are only hour long routines, but jings my leg muscles ache now. Hence only light pottering about this afternoon.

Oh, there's some sunshine appeared. That's nice.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Tuck.
    Puck?
  • beansnikpoh
    edited July 2022
    Knackers out on way home, protein based dinner. I'm 80 kilos for the first time since 2003*. Miraculous Seano. Will be recommending to all my friends.

Booked my hire car for hols.

Happy with the new kit from wiggle. Castelli XL jerseys tight across the shoulders, looser around the belly. Bib shorts are bib shorts, new helmet doesn't reek of sweat, chains/bb/tubes all stashed.
  • beansnikpoh
    * :D
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Tuck.
    Puck?
    Is this rhyming game?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eggs plural?

Me.
    Homemade muesli.

Eugh.
    Don't knock it till you've tried it. Also very handy for days when I'm cycling in as it's a nice big portion and I can stick it in my rucksack while it's still frozen so I don't get cottage pie mush leaking onto my laptop :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Evening folks,
    Another shoot day in the orifice. I need to have a serious think about what I can actually do that will pay a decent wage. Problem is I've been dicking around with old cars for so long I don't know what else I can do.
    For microwave meals to have at work I highly recommend the Rana not quite ready meals. You get a portion of fresh pasta, some sauce, herbs and parmesan all in separate packs. Pasta cooks in the sauce, then add herbs and cheese to your taste. They really are very good. I say that as an Italian brought up on proper home made pasta.

Bloody hell, I thought you were lighter than me for a moment.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Tuck.
    Puck?
    Is this rhyming game?
    Trying to work out if pinno made a typo:
    https://www.instagram.com/puckmoonen/?hl=en
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks,
    Another shoot day in the orifice. I need to have a serious think about what I can actually do that will pay a decent wage. Problem is I've been dicking around with old cars for so long I don't know what else I can do.
    For microwave meals to have at work I highly recommend the Rana not quite ready meals. You get a portion of fresh pasta, some sauce, herbs and parmesan all in separate packs. Pasta cooks in the sauce, then add herbs and cheese to your taste. They really are very good. I say that as an Italian brought up on proper home made pasta.

Bloody hell, I thought you were lighter than me for a moment.
    Ta V - might give those a shot.

As for career options, how about becoming a second hand car salesman, Arthur Daley style? Seano or Beansie could be your minder.