tuesday silently shimmers

'ning

stroll, cafes, smidge of wfh, départ fictif to wfhotel, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Enjoy SG

Gentle foot testing run, walk hounds and then work snizzle.

Later is a bike ride and start packing for the holiday
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    strolled, already sticky in london, even in the park

one of the local tabbycats was having a cool catnap on the windowsill

brought home a pastry, it's mine, all mine, mrs s not allowed, nor amused
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Why not allowed?

Warm already. Initial cloud disappeared and it's breathless.
    Will pedal avec le facteur cinquante slapped on me dearie.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    pinno said:

Why not allowed?

doctor wants her to cut the carbs for a while :smiley:

i'd have thought even quinze was overdoing it so far north
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Been to the dentist, my wallet hurts a bit but otherwise OK. Now headed into the office, going to be a bit toasty on the train and tube but will change into a suit when I get there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Why not allowed?

I've never heard it called that before.
  • beansnikpoh
    Roasting hot already, the air reeks of traffic fumes and refuse. Sweaty mess on arrival at the office, quickly fixed with a cool shower and what felt like a gallon of water down the hatch.

Going to be unpleasant on the way home, but lots of air conditioning in the interim.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Cycled in through the hairdryer set to low/medium heat, not unpleasant. Slight whiff to the air in places. Expect hairdryer to be set on max heat on the way home. Shower change, then off to see son in school play, sat in a hot hall with similarly hot and sweaty people.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

WFW. Cycled in :o temperature was nice, traffic not so much.
    Seem to be fighting a losing battle against the system at the moment.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Why not allowed?

doctor wants her to cut the carbs for a while :smiley:

i'd have thought even quinze was overdoing it so far north
    TBI - so much reduced pigment.
  • pinno
    Nice ride. Nice breeze 'up top'.

Beans is moaning.
  • sungod
    poor beans

roads very quiet, landscape looking rather parched in places
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Today's forecast was "Partly Cloudy". That'll be the part between sunrise and sunset apparently.

Out collecting bits and pieces to finish shed works. Collect panelling sheets in the morning and then it will be all go.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    sungod said:

poor beans

...and to cap it all off - a thunderstorm!

• pinno

Today's forecast was "Partly Cloudy". That'll be the part between sunrise and sunset apparently.

Out collecting bits and pieces to finish shed works. Collect panelling sheets in the morning and then it will be all go.

These 'shed works' seem to go on interminably.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

These 'shed works' seem to go on interminably.
    So large that its probably a bit like painting The Forth Bridge.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    It actually rained twice at home yesterday afternoon and evening.

Hot today and doing a bit of snagging in a warehouse as the rest of the team are enduring the southern bake.

Unfortunately I'm joining them for some of it tomorrow however it does look a smidge cooler.

Hot tub temp has been turned down today, might have a dip this evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    still blue sky and upper scorchio here, though i see forecast now has cloud tonight and back down to twenties

hotel just sent a surprise tray of choccie, fruity, biccie freebies, nom
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

still blue sky and upper scorchio here, though i see forecast now has cloud tonight and back down to twenties

Are you hotelling a few hundred yards from sg towers? Just so someone else has to pick up the empties and wash the glasses?

Homeward leg was into a persistent and hot headwind. Now home and the house is a cool 31 degrees, even having been shuttered and blinded all day. Off to the hutch I go for 21 degrees and a breeze.
  • sungod

sungod said:

Are you hotelling a few hundred yards from sg towers? Just so someone else has to pick up the empties and wash the glasses?

Homeward leg was into a persistent and hot headwind. Now home and the house is a cool 31 degrees, even having been shuttered and blinded all day. Off to the hutch I go for 21 degrees and a breeze.
    lgw, for lhr don't bother, but lgw tend to overnight it here unless it's a late flight, do last minute gmc stuff in comfort before stroll to the terminal

there's cloud forming above, normal summer weather resuming, glad to have had a few warm days, helps prepare for the scorchio to come :smiley:
  • beansnikpoh
    Aah, you're off on hols...

You do seem to wait for skool holidays in the summer. Is this wise? Or is it peak scorchio?
  • sungod

Aah, you're off on hols...

You do seem to wait for skool holidays in the summer. Is this wise? Or is it peak scorchio?

don't really see tourists in the area, mostly locals and ex-pats - weather is the main thing
  • Stevo_666
    I'm going for a short holiday in my back garden when I get home :)
  • thistle_
    Went for an extended ride home after work which was nice. Wasn't too hot once you get up to speed but bloody boiling when you stop. It had clouded over quite a bit and wasn't sunny so not much use for maintaining the tan lines.

Talking of tan lines, a nice chap at Garmin has said they'll replace my watch because it was part of a faulty batch, even though it's 3 years out of warranty. I'll just have to make sure I put some factor 25 on the line of white skin while I wait for the replacement.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    33.1 on the mercury here. 31% humidity. Just watered the garden now considering buying some supper.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Escaped The Clam back to FreshAirLand. Motor showed 39 along the M6 from Stafford up to Thelwall. Aircon is good.

Got an update this morning re my sister-i-l's sister, a keen triathlete. She lives in a land far far away, came over to Germany for a big event. Did the swim, started on the bike, not far in, reaching for a gel in back pocket or top tube bag, unbalanced, crashed heavily. 3 breaks lower pelvis, 4 broken ribs. In Germany. On her own.

With a lot of family involvement with medics, insurance companies plural and more, now been moved from the local hospital by road ambulance transferred over to UK so family and friends can support. Those breaks can cause follow on problems. She's now in a physio rehab centre. Still will be several weeks before allowed to board an aircraft (has to be business class to get the space and recline, hello insurers) for an unpleasant 12 hour flight.

Sh#t happens.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Sh#t happens.

Not good but sounds like it could've been a lot worse.

Hopefully she gets better soon.
  • beansnikpoh
    Cripes. Wishing her a good recovery.

Rained for a minute or two here. House is still like an oven. Looks like another heavy shower on its way though.
  • thistle_
    No rain here and not forecasting any.
    Temperature has dropped 5 degrees though in the last couple of hours which is good.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Escaped The Clam back to FreshAirLand. Motor showed 39 along the M6 from Stafford up to Thelwall. Aircon is good.

Got an update this morning re my sister-i-l's sister, a keen triathlete. She lives in a land far far away, came over to Germany for a big event. Did the swim, started on the bike, not far in, reaching for a gel in back pocket or top tube bag, unbalanced, crashed heavily. 3 breaks lower pelvis, 4 broken ribs. In Germany. On her own.

With a lot of family involvement with medics, insurance companies plural and more, now been moved from the local hospital by road ambulance transferred over to UK so family and friends can support. Those breaks can cause follow on problems. She's now in a physio rehab centre. Still will be several weeks before allowed to board an aircraft (has to be business class to get the space and recline, hello insurers) for an unpleasant 12 hour flight.

Sh#t happens.

Ouch. Wish her well.