'ning

warmer start, scorchio later

ride, cafes, maybe a bask, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Need to go fetch a parcel but nothing else planned.

Was meant to be going for a potter on a bike with a mate but it's been cancelled.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Indoor cycle, as can crunch it into 45 solid mins of intervals.

Drive over to MiL's, lunch in Wanstead, come back, take the boy to work.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Happy birthday Oxo

Long walk with hounds before it’s too warm, last night ended up at friends and messy so may not see the wife for a while

Bit of a tidy up and some bikes followed by paddle board in the river. Later is the pub as it’s Sunday
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    BB Oxo, think you're a year ahead of me for now...

Already 24C here so no walking the hounds as we weren't up early enough, they'll have to make do with an occasional trip to the garden. Plan to take fairly easy today, pedalling will need to resume on Wednesday once things have cooled off a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited July 2022
    HBO !

HBDTY STAS BABG HBDTY
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    It's warming up.
    (nicely). Although I might have to put up with the locals moaning a bit.
  • pinno

...take the boy to work.

Can't he make his own way?

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    edited July 2022
    No folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Seems warm already which is not as traditional. Quite enjoying the nice weather though. Afternoon of light pottering for me I think, don't want to overdo it. Must make sure I drink enough.
    pinno said:

...take the boy to work.

Can't he make his own way?

Make sure he gets there on time and good bonding opportunity. Taking one of my two to or from places often leads to a good chat. Walking with daughter the other day was fun. She was telling me about some poor lad that tried to chat her and her friends up the other day.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Happy birthday oxo! 🥳🥳🥳🎂🎂🎂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    Oh yes, happy birthday Oxo
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

HBO !

HBDTY STAS BABG HBDTY

Not heard of this one for a long time. Cheers everyone.
    happy candlesday
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    HB Oxo, despite the news.

Resumed shed works this morning, took it easy. Was looking like a nice sunny afternoon so decided to stop, tidy up a bit and go for a walk. By the time I'd put the tools away the weather had deteriorated to howling wind, rain and a bit of hail. Typical.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Ooh, missed the b'day hints. Happy cake day Oxo, sorry to hear it's potentially been sabotaged.

MiL happy, boy dropped at work, in answer to Pinno's question, to make sure he actually goes, and doesn't go and smoke reefers amd drink Glen's voddy on the common with girls. One came round yesterday to pick up a purse that had ended up in the boy's bag. If I wasn't 30 years older than her, I'd be forced to say "cor blimey", but I can be dispassionate about these things now I'm ancient.
  • seanoconn

Ooh, missed the b'day hints. Happy cake day Oxo, sorry to hear it's potentially been sabotaged.

MiL happy, boy dropped at work, in answer to Pinno's question, to make sure he actually goes, and doesn't go and smoke reefers amd drink Glen's voddy on the common with girls. One came round yesterday to pick up a purse that had ended up in the boy's bag. If I wasn't 30 years older than her, I'd be forced to say "cor blimey", but I can be dispassionate about these things now I'm ancient.

Never actually bought Glen’s vodka as the low price puts me off strangely. I wonder if it’s drinkable?

If Mrs bean and yourself work yourselves into the ground for the next 20 years the boy may never need to work 👍😃
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

If Mrs bean and yourself sell up and move to Jockland, boy may never need to work 👍😃

FTFY

• veronese68
    Evening folks,
    Managed to get a few bits done, just not the bits I expected. Drove passed B³'s place with the lad and was going to shout abuse, but the lad said he knows a girl that lives along there so thought it best not to. Fixed a flat on the pub hack, again. Always in the same spot, I've checked the tyre carefully many times, changed the rim tape and checked the rim. Swapped the tyre this time in spite of having checked the other very closely. Irritating. This last one was several weeks after the last and having ridden with a very heavy load. Not sure if that's connected or coincidence.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Drove passed B³'s place with the lad and was going to shout abuse, but the lad said he knows a girl that lives along there so thought it best not to.

One came round yesterday to pick up a purse that had ended up in the boy's bag.

Same one?

HB Mr Oxo, hope you've managed to make something out of the rest of the day, takeaway and Netflix etc.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

Evening folks,
    Managed to get a few bits done, just not the bits I expected. Drove passed B³'s place with the lad and was going to shout abuse, but the lad said he knows a girl that lives along there so thought it best not to. Fixed a flat on the pub hack, again. Always in the same spot, I've checked the tyre carefully many times, changed the rim tape and checked the rim. Swapped the tyre this time in spite of having checked the other very closely. Irritating. This last one was several weeks after the last and having ridden with a very heavy load. Not sure if that's connected or coincidence.

years ago i had multiple flats on a rented road bike

eventually discovered the bit of wire embedded in the tyre, it felt smooth to the touch with the tyre off the rim, but under pressure it must've stuck out enough to wear a hole in the tube

if it's always in the 'same spot', should be clear whether it's tyre side or rim-tape side, therefore i suspect you are not being sufficiently rigorous :smiley:
  • veronese68
    edited July 2022
    Tyre side, rim tape was changed after the second flat. It wasn't looking too good so even if it hasn't caused these it would have done soon enough. I've pulled, twisted, poked at and rubbed the tyre to no avail. I had another the same so have put that on for now. I'll revisit at some point.
    thistle_ said:

Drove passed B³'s place with the lad and was going to shout abuse, but the lad said he knows a girl that lives along there so thought it best not to.

One came round yesterday to pick up a purse that had ended up in the boy's bag.

Same one?
    Pretty sure it's a different one, our lad is a good few years older and it's the girlfriend of one of his school mates.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Aye, happy-ish or as happy as you can induce with a few wee bevvies there Oxo.

So migrated dahn saff this evening from FreshAirLand to the clammy Valley for a couple of nights, staying at #1 daughter's who has legged it or rather ferried it to Brittany for the week.

Another uneventful M6 transit bar a bit of slow traffic caused by Mancs returning from Blackpool; get to The Valley destination and within 10 mins it's raining!
  • pinno

Tyre...mates.

Just avoid the point on the road where you get the puncture.
    Go around it or pick a different pub.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

Tyre...mates.

This ^^^

Obvious when you think about it.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Tyre...mates.

This ^^^

Obvious when you think about it.
    It's only you and I that see sense.
  • veronese68
    That is indeed obvious, I shall try that next time. Thank you