saturday listening to the pineapples burbling in the heat

'ning

ride, cafes, bask, tdf, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Man I'd swap this weather for your 40 C. More grey (very) cool breezy blah here. Over it.

Emergency visit to chiropractor this morning, after a few days of extra bad stuff. Somewhat fixed, will see what tomorrow is like. Postponed completion of shed works till then.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Cool here at the moment (relatively) should get warmer later this morning

WFW a little later on, hey-ho

Has a really nice ride yesterday with a group of mates, no hills involved and the strong westerly wasn’t too much of a problem as we were traveling mostly north-south. Some very nice re-fuelling stops were also included. Makes a change from the mainly solo riding I do.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    cool out, roads quiet, blue skies

time to relax before bask
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Morning Folks,

Woken a bit earlier than planned as junior had to get up for the last day of her placement at the vets. Got to collect a wall mounting bracket for the new kitchen TV then its session at the physio.

Afternoon is undecided but as I rode yesterday, may leave it till after the heatwave.

Also I seem to have reached a bit of a post count milestone. That's a hell of a lot of bull***t and how I got there ahead of Pinno I'll never know :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Happy post count day Stevo

Chilling in the hot tub, reasonable ride on the summer bike and then dad taxi stuff. Later is cycling / paddle board / kayak / ale - what’s the worst that can happen
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning Folks,

Woken a bit earlier than planned as junior had to get up for the last day of her placement at the vets. Got to collect a wall mounting bracket for the new kitchen TV then its session at the physio.

Afternoon is undecided but as I rode yesterday, may leave it till after the heatwave.

Also I seem to have reached a bit of a post count milestone. That's a hell of a lot of bull***t and how I got there ahead of Pinno I'll never know :p

By doing the word association game, you sneaky f.ucker.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Perfect day for a pedal just as soon as I get the toots packed off and away.
    Slap the factor 50 million on and off I shall go...

Oh and BTW, the C60 is sublime.
  • pinno
    ...and made luxury flapjacks yesterday to take with me:

Oats 250gms
    Golden syrup 125gms
    Butter (melted) 125gms
    Hazelnuts (lightly crushed) 50gms
    Almonds (lightly crushed) 50gms
    Dark chocolate (Chipped)
    Light brown sugar. 125gms

15 mins in oven at 175c (fan)
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning Folks,

By doing the word association game, you sneaky f.ucker.
    So you were trying ;)

Beating you to 50k posts - priceless. For everything else there's Mastercard :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Dog walked early. Bits and pieces to eat bought. Now cooling off before making a start on chores.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks, traditional slow start was enjoyed. Need to do some moderate pottering, really mustn't overdo it. Over to Wombledon at some point to sort some bits out at old dear's new gaff. Might go for a pint on the common with a friend.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Ride rided, and on the Synapse for the first proper ride on that bike since March 21! Shows the attractiveness of the Ridgeway et al gravel routes when one lives in the increasingly traffic congested Valley. Finding more v v quiet back roads in the New World, hardly any vehicles at all, and legs starting to wake up for the upslopes.

Did notice just how much faster roadie 28s roll vs gravel 38s!

Bit of garden pottering to come then prob a quick pint or 2 in the microbrewery taproom before it closes at 6. Lazy evening TdF catch up to round off the day. Plan.
  • pinno
    40 miles up 'ill and down valley in the 'heat'. Wf 'heat'?!
    Plastered with SPF50 and still never felt warm.

Lasagne for dinner.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Approaching scorchio down here. Tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, proper scorchio, the a/c will get a battering.
  • Stevo_666
    Warm enough here for our Saffer neighbours to fire up the BBQ. They're almost looking forward to the next few days.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Point of order m'lud. Saffers would be firing up the braai.

My 'sympathy' for the prev owner of my new place, he has some mental issues exacerbated by a head injury in a motor smash as a young man, continues to diminish as I work away clearing shite that he's just dumped over the years. Today was pulling loads of metal coil springs, hinges, locks, nails and screws out of a historical bonfire site - which should be a vege patch and greenhouse site. Burn shite then just leave it so the grass and weeds grow right over and incorporate all that cr4p... erse. Tbc. And chill...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited July 2022
    Evening

Bit warm going up mountains today but there was a lovely cool breeze on the tops, which also kept the flies away.
    I think the multiple coats of suncream have worked but we'll find out in a few days whether I can pull bits of my ears off again.
    Wore a white running top for increased albedo but even though I've washed it it's still stained from the sweat/suncream combo.

• pinno
    orraloon said:

Point of order m'lud. Saffers would be firing up the braai.

My 'sympathy' for the prev owner of my new place, he has some mental issues exacerbated by a head injury in a motor smash as a young man, continues to diminish as I work away clearing shite that he's just dumped over the years. Today was pulling loads of metal coil springs, hinges, locks, nails and screws out of a historical bonfire site - which should be a vege patch and greenhouse site. Burn shite then just leave it so the grass and weeds grow right over and incorporate all that cr4p... erse. Tbc. And chill...

Maybe his neighbour was an MF.