ride, cafes, wfh, maybe bask, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Summer bike, walk hounds, work stuff then over to some friends for a bbq
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Child free weekend to look forward to which would normally be fun but Missus is anxious as f.uck about flying next week. So much so that she got some anti-anxiety pills from the doctor which turned her into a zombie for 3 days, so she’s off those now. So should be a fun weekend 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    seanoconn said:

Child free weekend to look forward to which would normally be fun but Missus is anxious as f.uck about flying next week. So much so that she got some anti-anxiety pills from the doctor which turned her into a zombie for 3 days, so she’s off those now. So should be a fun weekend 😕

Sit and watch a nice relaxing movie with her, like say United 93 or Snakes on a Plane.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    No meetings this morning - yay. Got half a day off so going for a lunchtime pedal with a mate - double yay.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Waiting for rain to clear before a pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Rain? What is this thing you talk of?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

What is this "rain" of which you speak?

Wfw, so pedalled. BBQ with an old friend from university later. Saturday of doing washing beckons, then Sunday early ride, then over to MiL to celebrate her birthday.
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2022
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Beat me to it. He must be living in 'The Matrix'. My garden looks like the scenery from one of those nature programmes about Africa in the dry season.

Temperature due to reach 40C in London on Monday...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

How did they used to get Mr T on to an aeroplane in the A Team? He was anxious as f.uck about flying, and also hugely muscular and armed to the teeth, surely just getting one dainty wife onto a plane must be a doddle in comparison?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Beat me to it. He must be living in 'The Matrix'. My garden looks like the scenery from one of those nature programmes about Africa in the dry season.
    Took the wrong bloody pill.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

pinno said:

He's just finishing in the shower.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    First run in a while this morning.
    Might have a celebratory G&T tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn

pinno said:

Beat you to it.

But you said in nicer than what I did. You talk words pretty.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

How did they used to get Mr T on to an aeroplane in the A Team? He was anxious as f.uck about flying, and also hugely muscular and armed to the teeth, surely just getting one dainty wife onto a plane must be a doddle in comparison?
    Mr T didn’t have an 11year son telling him “Should the wing be doing that?” Or “What’s that funny noise coming from the engine?” Or the ever popular during turbulence “Yep, we’re definitely going to crash.”

• seanoconn
    Oh and they are flying out before me, so it’s just the two of them. I can get her to the airport but can’t physically put her on the plane.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Oh and they are flying out before me, so it’s just the two of them. I can get her to the airport but can’t physically put her on the plane.

It's an SEP then (Somebody Else's Problem) :)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

It's an SEP then (Somebody Else's Problem) :)
    The problem will be shared with a vengeance until the very last, when I wave goodbye and make my rapid exit from the airport.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Mr T didn’t have an 11year son telling him “Should the wing be doing that?” Or “What’s that funny noise coming from the engine?” Or the ever popular during turbulence “Yep, we’re definitely going to crash.”

There's an 11 yr old there who needs a few pills himself.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Turbulence is the worst. You can assure Mrs Seanoconn that there's a bloke in Jockland who survived all sorts, has no concerns descending hills at whatever speed in scanty lycra, jumps off bridges into rivers, does silly stuff on scooters etc etc but hates flying.
    What might not be so assuring is this:

Jet engines can spin at 110,000 rpm and are so finely balanced a sparrow could unbalance it if it got sucked in (and then it will seize, catch fire and fall off).
    An airbus 320 weighs 77 tons and flies at 37,000 feet. Humans are not meant to fly in a 77 ton aluminium tube at 37,000 feet with finely balanced spinny things propelling it along. Planes used to have 4 engines, not 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvEafYHoeFc
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Beat you to it.

But you said in nicer than what I did. You talk words pretty.
    He probably went to a decent school, unlike some around here.
  • pinno
    Wossat then?
    I went to a decent school. I learned to fight and skive.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, pleasant wobble in this morning at least. Will definitely be coming in next week to take advantage of the air con. Pedalling might be a bit warm though. Very glad it's Friday, should have a relatively calm weekend before it all kicks off again next week with the old dear's new gaff. Good luck with the Mrs Seano, could say something reasonable and reassuring but we all know it would make no difference to her.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • thistle_
    'Ning

WFH
    Maybe a run seeing as I managed to hurt my foot anyway yesterday.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    'ning

are we re-using friday? suits me, i'm on hols

infierno yesterday, more to come, off for ride when it's light
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Recycling works for me as I’m off on my holidays 😎
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

WFH
    Maybe a run seeing as I managed to hurt my foot anyway yesterday.

Oi! This is a very lazy Friday thread. Go sit in the corner
  • seanoconn
    Bad sleep. Awake at 5am. Must be missing wifey. Bored. Might go to work early just for something to do.
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Bad sleep. Awake at 5am. Must be missing wifey. Bored. Might go to work early just for something to do.

Why didn't you start the Friday thread then? :neutral::smile:
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Why didn't you start the Friday thread then? :neutral::smile:
    I didn’t want to tread on SG’s toes. 😇
  • Stevo_666
    Deja vu.

WFMC today, actually got quite a few calls for a Friday. Leg survived yesterday's communt, so nearly back to normal - will rinse and repeat on Monday. Coffee first...