TDF 2022:- Stage 13: Bourg D’Oisans - Saint Étienne, 182.6Km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,868
    Lot of tired legs letting wheels go
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    This hill came at the wrong time.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Jtomesgreen
    Jtomesgreen Posts: 190
    There's some grovelling going on at the back, riders have come from being split off the back of the bunch straight into a climb with Gilbert riding tempo. Over the top of this there's a Downhill section for a while
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    who's the absolute sh@gger on ITV doing the talking about muscle efficiency?
  • above_the_cows
    Caleb Ewan's come a cropper. Doesn't look good.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Chute - Caleb Ewan down
  • Jtomesgreen
    An absolute nothing crash on a corner there and Ewan is down and hurt
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 268
    Ewan down and looks like he's damaged his knee.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    His whole team stuffed up that corner which everyone else went around without incident. Very odd
  • mididoctors
    No luck caleb
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Back on surprisingly but don't see him finishing. Good news for the break with one less team to chase.
  • above_the_cows
    Ok the little fella is back on the bike... looks to be in a lot of pain in his knee. There is no way he's putting any weight down through that in a sprint.
  • Jtomesgreen
    Team didn't wait long before getting going again - he's back up but on his own
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,270
    All in for the big prize.
  • Pross
    QS now helping drive it :lol:
  • Jtomesgreen

Ok the little fella is back on the bike... looks to be in a lot of pain in his knee. There is no way he's putting any weight down through that in a sprint.

If he gets there.. if the bunch turns onto another plain/exposed section the speeds go up, alpecin are still pushing on
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Quickstep twirl their villainous moustaches and stick the boot in at the front...
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 268
    Good to see the Alpecin car pacing Ewan back on but have to watch it through fingers, very stressful!
  • Jtomesgreen

Good to see the Alpecin car pacing Ewan back on but have to watch it through fingers, very stressful!

Race ref has put paid to that one
  • mididoctors
    Active tiring stage
  • Pross
    Breaks appearing, no real attempt at creating echelons so just tired riders unable to hold the wheel.
  • above_the_cows
    NOT A DRILL! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

• Jtomesgreen
    Bertie again! Christ
  • above_the_cows
    Ummm OK, thanks for the nightmares...

• kingstongraham

Not got the sound on. Wtf?
  • kingstongraham
    Haha 😄
  • above_the_cows

Not got the sound on. Wtf?

They couldn't afford a second eye.
  • kingstongraham
    That Ewan group looks pretty big - and it's surely all going to split again on the climb.
  • Jtomesgreen

Ummm OK, thanks for the nightmares...

Contador's riding this stage (albeit on a motorbike) and a massive one-eyed cycling follower immediately appears.

Is this the return of FrenchFighter?
    I was a lurker for a very long time before joining the forum - it's not quite the same without FF's contribution, Contador on the bike has reminded me of that a bit