• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    sungod said:

...roads quieter as summer kicks in

Roads busier here because of tourists.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    First TdF since 1989 that is actually interesting. Will see if Vingegoo has the legs again. Shows you the importance of team. Maybe the GT's should be 5 riders per team. That'll mix it up a bit.
  • pinno
    Cloudy drizzly here. Pack off toots to summer stuff and then back to damn internal routing problem...
    The Wilier was a breeze. Hoover + fine filament next.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Bright and reasonably warm in Edinburgh, office so no TdF, need a nap already. Drinks later.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    A little cooler here today in the north, must mean that winter is coming.

Maybe gym later, maybe an early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Cooler, but still warm and sunny.

Wfh, cleaners are coming, tdf on the ipad this afternoon I think, while pretending to work.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Beautiful day dodging about all over the Surrey countryside before work. Should be another cracking day at the tour today.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

First TdF since 1989 that is actually interesting. Will see if Vingegoo has the legs again. Shows you the importance of team. Maybe the GT's should be 5 riders per team. That'll mix it up a bit.

yesterday was great, about time we we had gc guys out front trying to break each other, for this century it was reminiscent of the days of bertie/schlecks/evans/etc.

plus the adventurers going for stage wins, always enjoyed voeckler going for one

much better than recent times of little/no practical gc contention, just tedious trains of curiously strong domestiques, with a strategy of closing down attacks rather than making them

perhaps banning power meters, rider telemetry etc. would help get back to rider instinct and aggression, but that's against the 'big data' trend infecting so many sports
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    sungod said:

perhaps banning power meters, rider telemetry etc. would help get back to rider instinct and aggression, but that's against the 'big data' trend infecting so many sports

A crafty little radio jamming device on one of the camera bikes could liven things up.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Not too hot but enjoying the work air con today. Might have to go in a couple of days early next week...

Leg is complaining after last nights ride so I'm going to shut it up by going again tomorrow before it gets too damn hot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    First ride rided since May; indeed records show I only did 120km in May. Other Things took priority. Just a short one to get the legs moving, quiet backroads loop inc some of the National Champs route. Terrain here similar to where I lived up to 2 years ago when that life chapter closed with a bang, rolling ups and downs, the legs had better get back into climbing mode pronto.

Getting my life back on track. And need to get my roadie Cannondale back on the road.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Just entered another Triathlon, much shorter than the 70.3 I did last year, sprint distance in September.
    *gets on scales* :/
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Seems reasonable.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Recalcitrant front wheel tubeless tyre issue on the roadie now resolved, thanks to LBS. I could not get the old tyre to bed at all after replacing broken valve stem, multiple attempts. Nor could LBS. New tyre + another layer of rim tape = result. Thank goodness, otherwise I would have had to replace the wheel, which is a very good cycleclinic Borg, he once OTP.

So, the road bike is go. 👍
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

yesterday was great, about time we we had gc guys out front trying to break each other, for this century it was reminiscent of the days of bertie/schlecks/evans/etc.

plus the adventurers going for stage wins, always enjoyed voeckler going for one

much better than recent times of little/no practical gc contention, just tedious trains of curiously strong domestiques, with a strategy of closing down attacks rather than making them

Yes, ban race radio and power and heart rate meters.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    haydenm said:

Bright and reasonably warm in Edinburgh, office so no TdF, need a nap already. Drinks later.

I lied, it turns out my new boss loves cycling so we watched the tour
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    The MF seems have gone quiet or missing since his Tour prediction of TP going home by stage 8. :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    webboo said:

The MF seems have gone quiet or missing since his Tour prediction of TP going home by stage 8. :D

He’s done worse and shamelessly returned.

Great comeback from Pidcock after abandoning on stage 8 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Something tells me there's a bike race on somewhere :)

Got the outside lights sorted. Sparky initially seemed to think that 10x20w LEDs were needed, but after finding it made the house look like bloody Blackpool illuminations we had them changed for 10x5w - much better

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    For a moment i thought the lights were in the eaves lighting down the wall. Then I turned the phone on it's side :D Makes more sense now.
  • Stevo_666

For a moment i thought the lights were in the eaves lighting down the wall. Then I turned the phone on it's side :D Makes more sense now.

:)
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

webboo said:

He’s done worse and shamelessly returned.

Great comeback from Pidcock after abandoning on stage 8 😂
    He said in his post race interview that he hoped that he had lost enough time so that he wouldn't be a threat in the breakaway.
    Some decent.