Wheel help

I have a front wheel off my older 29r bike the hub is hope pro eve 2 with a qr , and i want to know if there is a way to get it to fit on to my new bike which has a Thru axle 15x110mm boost ,

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Hmm, I’d think it won’t be easy, at least not with standard Hope parts. There’s a difference between the hub dimensions which suggests other issues.

I think the interchangeable end caps may actually work to fill the gap from 100 to 110 mm. It appears that the hub itself can fit any of the end cap options for QR, 100 or 110 by 15, although the Hope tech doc is a little unclear. There is a conversion kit chart on their site which says you can convert 100*15 to 110*15 though, using part number HUB1009-14N.

But looking at the hub dimensions charts for boost front hub compared to “standard” shows:

Boost offset L & R: 25 & 33 mm respectively
    Std offset L & R: 20 & 33 mm.

That’s the distance from hub centre line to flanges, and as you see the boost one is actually 5 mm wider on the left side. What that means is on the Boost hub different spoke lengths MAY be required to get the rim centred, so if you do swap your wheel may need rebuilding as the dishing will be wrong, but ALSO it might mean your disc rotor mount on the hub won’t be in the correct position to match the caliper. It would need a 5mm spacer behind it to push the disc out the extra distance from hub centreline.

I don’t understand therefore why Hope offer a kit to adapt 100*15 to 110* 15, since the hub body itself appears to be different dimensions making the disc rotor mount incompatible.

The whole point of “Boost” design was to give that wider flange spacing on hubs for increased wheel strength.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS