monday so where were the spiders

'ning

scorchio likely

ride, quick nip into gmc, cafe, nominal wfh, i.e. basking, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,878
    Warm indeed - last day, so ride till circa 15:00 then a few beers and hopefully an easy transfer and flight
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,412
    Hazy but mild.
    So many things to do, so little time.

Hopefully the postman will come bearing parcels with carbon stuff in them.

Rest day in the Tour - boo.

Sad to leave TLW? Stunning area of the world.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Hazy and mild here, due to be hazy and warm later. Feeling a touch hungover.

Lots of emails flying about over the weekend. Unfortunately I didn't see any of them because I was cycling around the countryside attending BBQs.

I have a big tipi tent arriving today and I have done nothing about levelling the ground where I will pitch it.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,041
    I did a very redneck thing on Saturday and pulled a tree stump out with my pick up!
    It felt very manly.

Hot day yesterday and spent most of it with a pint in hand. Need to behave now.
    Possible ride this evening!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

I did a very redneck thing on Saturday and pulled a tree stump out with my pick up!
    It felt very manly.

Hot day yesterday and spent most of it with a pint in hand. Need to behave now.
    Possible ride this evening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPYmtEQiG18
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,576
    scorchio and sticky, had a post-bask stroll

looks like the next 2-3 days will be cloudy, sigh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,041
    So its looking like a few hot sticky nights followed by some torrential rain.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,351

It felt very manly.

Assuming it went well if it felt manly, no videos of the stump winning and ripping the back off the pick up.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Cripes, lawks a mercy, that was a hot one. I was gurning like a French climber losing valiantly to a Luxembourgish rouleur up a hill.

Dropped Mrs B³ and mini at Gatwick this morning, they're off to Orlando - Universal studios. I'd rather not, so I didn't.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,656

Cripes, lawks a mercy, that was a hot one. I was gurning like a French climber losing valiantly to a Luxembourgish rouleur up a hill.

Dropped Mrs B³ and mini at Gatwick this morning, they're off to Orlando - Universal studios. I'd rather not, so I didn't.

Good call, we did it a few years ago - no desire to go back (luckily part of a trip to see In laws over there so not a total waste). Although not quite as good as the time when my two booked for us all to go to Cyprus then realised they had to get back for something or other related to sixth form applications and left me there on my own in the middle of the World Cup :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,439

Once you get into the spirit of things it’s fun. So long as you don’t suffer from motion sickness.

Full American breakfast every morning with lashings of coffee, Steak for dinner. Beautiful weather, manicured lawns, swim in the evening, shuffling around the shopping mall in your comfy holiday shorts and flip flops. What’s not to like.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    edited July 2022
    Strimmed. mowed, swept, plumbed, hydraulicked, cooked.
    Now farqed.

Mrs P bought a Pineapple. I thought 'here we go' [acid intolerant me] but it was quite sweet and I only needed half a bottle of Gaviscon.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Once you get into the spirit of things it’s fun. So long as you don’t suffer from motion sickness.

Full American breakfast every morning with lashings of coffee, Steak for dinner. Beautiful weather, manicured lawns, swim in the evening, shuffling around the shopping mall in your comfy holiday shorts and flip flops. What’s not to like.
    I'd go back to Key Largo in a heartbeat, drive down to Key West again. But that's basically the Caribbean. Its the whole mall/theme park thing I didn't like.
  • beansnikpoh
    Hot, you think it? Nothing this is. Feel the coolness in your mind.

• Stevo_666
    Still warm here. Got the drive/path lights sorted. No more tripping over in the bloody dark!

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,163
    pinno said:

Strimmed. mowed, swept, plumbed, hydraulicked, cooked

But you must look great after that makeover and annual service?

• Stevo_666
    Sounds quite painful :D