TDF 2022:- Stage 7: Tomblaine to La Super Plance des Belles Filles, 176.3km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,475
    Great ride from G
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,429
    Been trying to tell you all that Jonas is the real deal.
    He's far better suited to longer climbs as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,905
    edited July 2022
    Pogacar to take Merckx and Cav’s stage record, before he’s ineligible for the maillot blanc. :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pogacar wins but run close by Jonas. Some hope for the rest of the race. Roglic right up there too.
    Didn't expect G to be best of the Ineos finisher on that steep a finish. Pidcock did far better than I expected, but suppose he can bury himself if he's going home after tomorrow...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,233
    That deep muscle sprint pog has is extraordinary
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,905
    Jonas Vingegaard has years of chasing Pogacar around France to look forward to.
    He should think about changing his name to Poulidor. :p
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • That was a great ride by Thomas
  • Bardet looked good at the giro I'm beginning to believe
  • What was the speed of that sprint =<,5 kph
  • R Uran is my man of the tour so far closely followed by Nairo
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,968
    I wondered whether Pog was happy leaving Kamna out there for the win but got forced to react when Vingergaard attacked. He looked so relaxed afterwards just chilling with his girlfriend.
  • stage_hunter
    stage_hunter Posts: 236

Pogacar wins but run close by Jonas. Some hope for the rest of the race. Roglic right up there too.
    Didn't expect G to be best of the Ineos finisher on that steep a finish. Pidcock did far better than I expected, but suppose he can bury himself if he's going home after tomorrow...

I would be amazed if Ineos took a rider to the tour that was expected just to do a week. He beat Martinez didnt he, who I would have thought that finish was ideal for?
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,982
    Pross said:

I wondered whether Pog was happy leaving Kamna out there for the win but got forced to react when Vingergaard attacked. He looked so relaxed afterwards just chilling with his girlfriend.

That was my assumption. Looked happy to do enough but once Jonas attacked he reacted. The difference in apparent condition between the two after the finish line was rather marked.
  • Pogacar wins but run close by Jonas. Some hope for the rest of the race. Roglic right up there too.

I would be amazed if Ineos took a rider to the tour that was expected just to do a week. He beat Martinez didnt he, who I would have thought that finish was ideal for?
    Yeah it's a running gag now as webboo said, and I'm a shameless ****-stirrer on the Internet I've found.
    Martinez and Pidcock were same time, but yeah rather thought Dani would be higher up
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,061
    He's not handing out gifts is he?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,442
    JimD666 said:

Pross said:

That was my assumption. Looked happy to do enough but once Jonas attacked he reacted. The difference in apparent condition between the two after the finish line was rather marked.
    I thought so too - was happy not gaining time but wasn't prepared to give any up.

They caught him with what seemed about 10 metres to go and put 14 seconds into him. He must have been absolutely deflated.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,442
    With no exaggeration, he was caught with 80 metres to go, and finished 14 seconds down.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,968

With no exaggeration, he was caught with 80 metres to go, and finished 14 seconds down.

He was out on his feet when they caught him.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross said:

He was out on his feet when they caught him.
    Mathematicians are studying his pedalling because they think this might be the first time a platonic square has been seen in nature
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,568
    Yeah. Pidcock
    webboo said:

The bit about Pidcock going home after stage 8 is the forecast by the great MF font of all cycling knowledge on the BR forum.

Now so out of his depth that he’s 8th @1min35s.

MF, who clearly knows very little, has a strange problem with Pidcock.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    gweeds said:

Yeah. Pidcock

webboo said:

The bit about Pidcock going home after stage 8 is the forecast by the great MF font of all cycling knowledge on the BR forum.

MF is Pidcock's failure cousin Stuart
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,135
    Pidcock is currently in the top 10 of the Tour & the MTB World Cup......(which shouldn't really be possible).
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    andyrac said:

Pidcock is currently in the top 10 of the Tour & the MTB World Cup......(which shouldn't really be possible).

As the current Cross World Champion
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,405
    Highlight day for me

I booed Kamna when he ended the hopes of the Beard Bred'ren but fair play that was a great ride and a heartbreaking ending.

Not quite sure I agree with the pundits saying that we have a race, but...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,061
    ddraver said:

Highlight day for me

I booed Kamna when he ended the hopes of the Beard Bred'ren but fair play that was a great ride and a heartbreaking ending.

Their job is to keep you tuning in ( remember that Carlton)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ddraver said:

Highlight day for me

Repeats mantra *it's a long way to Paris, it's a long way to Paris, it's a long way to Paris *
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    edited July 2022
    I know this is just me, and my brain doesn't necessarily work in the way that normal people's do (or at all), but mentally switching Kirby to shouting about Lemmy Koopa makes for a much more pleasingly surreal listen if anyone else fancies trying it.

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,405

ddraver said:

Highlight day for me

Repeats mantra *it's a long way to Paris, it's a long way to Paris, it's a long way to Paris *
    I keep trying not to lose the faith too, but it's hard when Gee so obviously DGAF either... 😁😁😁
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    gweeds said:

Yeah. Pidcock

webboo said:

I had to look up this quote that I'd seen in the past and thought appropriate when TheMF (TheMFs? are there multiples?) appears with it's great wisdom:
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”