sunday turned day-glo, you know

'ning

another nippy start

ride cafes, maybe tdf catnap, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,878
    Tired and sore after yesterdays race mainly due to a decent crash on a fast downhill.

Bright side they had cider at the last aid station 😎 so filled my drinks bottle with that and hung on for a reasonable place.

Today is pack up and head up the m5, see the kids and then probably the pub
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,410
    How do you 'crash' in a running race?
    You meant to say you fell over.

Cloudy oop North in wayay land. Whatever today involves, it must involve exercise for toots.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Tdf later. Croissants now. Dog walk in between.
  • pinno

Tdf later...

5 minutes will be enough. It's another pancake day. Cross fingers for heavy crosswinds.
    We might be lucky:

https://www.metcheck.com/SEASONAL/tour_de_france_weather.asp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,656
    sungod said:

maybe tdf catnap

I know watching roadie racing is a bit dull but surely not enough to send you to sleep? :)

Another successful lie in cut short only by the dogs bladders. Walk them in a bit, then garden stuff, then a bike ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

maybe tdf catnap

I know watching roadie racing is a bit dull but surely not enough to send you to sleep? :)

Another successful lie in cut short only by the dogs bladders. Walk them in a bit, then garden stuff, then a bike ride.
    TLW style would be: jump on the off roader and take the dogs with you. Ta da!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

My gran falls over, I crash 😂

Pic of me at the aid station

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,439
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Nice leg 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Enjoy your holibobs pinno.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Nice leg 👍
    You're just randy.
    My Spaniel liked legs too.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Nice leg 👍
    Thanks honey
  • seanoconn
    Recovering from a day of child free debauchery yesterday. Should have hidden evidence of debauchery before child came home, hopefully he’s not scarred for life.

Gardening soon, clean bike, TDF, tennis, roast dinner.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

...evidence of debaucher...

? Please tell. Or was it the postman's leg?

• beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Should have hidden evidence of debauchery before child came home, hopefully he’s not scarred for life.

:o

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,568
    I just got a postcard from Benny Beans on his hols.
    It said on the back, "what did I do wrong?"
  • pinno
    masjer said:

Don't, you're killing me. I have this picture of this little puppy dog face (for want of a better expression) in my head of exactly that and those thoughts.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,576
    pinno said:

masjer said:

Don't, you're killing me. I have this picture of this little puppy dog face (for want of a better expression) in my head of exactly that and those thoughts.
    we get family/friends to cat-sit, doesn't help, cats really miss their pet humans
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,568
    pinno said:

masjer said:

Sorry. He'll be fine and brush it off like nothing's happened.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Just.

Up early, just got the timing slightly wrong for the puppy’s bladder so started the day by cleaning up a massive wee. Actually went for a ride!!!!!! 51 minutes, felt ok if a little more rubbish than normal on any inclines. Few weeks and I’ll be right. Eldest dort is 28 today so a trip to the harvester for lunch is on the cards. And very little work to do so I’ll be reading my book for a bit this afternoon.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

masjer said:

we get family/friends to cat-sit, doesn't help, cats really miss their pet humans
    Jack had a cat sitter visit twice a day and no harm ever came to him and he was quite content. No signs of any stress - damage to carpet, no fouling, no signs of pulling hair out etc, no jitters when packing. There was no tangible signs of behavioural change.
    But Beans is a different animal, loves company and is still wary of the outside world to a degree. We've noticed that if no one is at home, he doesn't venture out at all and we came to the conclusion that on his own for most of the time would be a stressful event.
    I can be content that he is safe.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Object of debauchery was picked up and handled by child from the bedside table! 🤦‍♂️
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,712
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Object of debauchery was picked up and handled by child from the bedside table! 🤦‍♂️
    POIDH.

It's not raining! At least, not yet. Several more indoors boxes unpacked and contents viewed with a 'Why?' raised eyebrow. Off outside to do some more hedge reduction for to get more of The View.

Last 20km of stage 3 sounds about right.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

:D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Dead hooker?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Dead hooker?
    Potentially less embarrassing than some of the possible alternatives.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,350
    Evening folks,
    Currently in a hotel room near Metz. Hopefully a nice easy drive tomorrow if the car behaves. Dropped a cylinder this afternoon as I was passing traffic going uphill. Not ideal. Luckily managed to carry on until safe to stop, threatened it with tools and it seems to be behaving now. Do I go to a garage in the morning leaving wife and daughter at a shopping centre or plough on regardless?
  • beansnikpoh
    Imagining the sound of a French mechanic sucking his teeth and saying “it’ll cost yer” in French. Better that than sitting by an autoroute waiting for le AA though.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,712
    Ah no worries your Europe wide breakdown cover will give you backstop, won't it? Good luck with hissy fit motor. Is this the 1970s or is this Brexshit Britain effects?
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Ah no worries your Europe wide breakdown cover will give you backstop, won't it? Good luck with hissy fit motor. Is this the 1970s or is this Brexshit Britain effects?

I think his car is made in the EU ;)
  • pinno

Imagining the sound of a French mechanic sucking his teeth and saying “it’ll cost yer” in French. Better that than sitting by an autoroute waiting for le AA though.

'alors' ?