Rockshox Fork - rebound adjustment

Got a Rockshox 35 Gold RL fork and used the Rockshox Trailhead app to get the pressure and rebound settings. The rebound setting offered is -12 clicks. So very basic question is - what constitutes a click?

I turned the rebound knob fully clockwise to the slow turtle setting but there was no discernable 'click' when I did it. So I assume I now need to turn it 12 clicks counter clockwise, but how do I mesure 1 click, never mind 12?

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited July 2022
    My Revelation forks do have an obvious click.

Not familiar with your 35 Golds, maybe your forks just have a non definitive sweep but doubt it.

Try taking the rebound adjuster knob off using a small Allen key to check. You should see some sort of simple mechanism like a ball bearing that goes in and out of notches.

Could be a lot of grease in there effecting the 'feel' or click function?

Either way it should be easy to see what's going on.
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    Test if your rebound knob works. Push the fork down and let it spring back up. Go full tortoise and repeat. Is it slower ?
    count full rotations of the knob as you go full hare and repeat.
    is it faster ?

Something is telling me theres supposed to be 24 clicks but i cant remember if thats 24 each way from middle or 24 total ie 12 each way.

When pressed down hard normal setting is around the point that the fork doesnt try to jump when it extends.