Giro Donne 2022

2»

Comments

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,094
    Stage 9: Penultimate stage: SAN MICHELE ALL’ADIGE to SAN LORENZO DORSINO

The Giro Donne 2022 is nearing its conclusion. Today the ninth "queen" stage remains in Trentino, from San Michele All’Adige to San Lorenzo Dorsino, and will be decisive in terms of the general classification.

Climbing kicks off immediately with the Fai della Paganella: 11.6 kilometers at 6.3% average gradient. Descent and valley floor to then approach the Duran, with 10.1 kilometers at 5.6%. The last challenge is the Passo Daone 6.2 extremely hard kilometers with walls of 18% and an average that does not drop below 10%. The summit is 26 kilometers from the "uphill" finish.

Annemiek van Vleuten at the moment appears unstoppable, despite the risk taken yesterday on the downhill. Movistar's Dutchwoman is heading towards her third Giro, but beware of surprises as it is local roads for second place woman Marta Cavalli.

In terms of podium, but also stage success, to keep an eye on an Elisa Longo Borghini (Trek-Segafredo) in very good condition, who could instead take advantage of the fading of veteran Mavi Garcia (UAE Team ADQ).

https://youtu.be/XoqgT5RhXHI
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • davidof
    What happened with Marta Cavalli yesterday? At the top of the climb she was 10 seconds behind Van Vleuten then the lead went straight out to 40 seconds - did she have a mechanical off camera? Even after Annemiek's crash she was able to take another 20 seconds out of Cavalli on the downhill and seems to have wrapped up this year's race.
    Instagramme
  • davidof

Instagramme
  • davieb78
    davieb78 Posts: 99
    Rode and watched the stage today.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    davidof said:

This races calender position is problematic to say the least

yes, I've only been able to watch one stage of the TdF this year due to the clash
    LOL
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    davidof said:

davidof said:

then, after the second climb that leads to Lake Cei, with 8.2 kilometers at 7.7% followed by a descent, with some technical sections, to the finish line. Can Annemiek stay on her bike?

well, what did I tell you?

https://youtu.be/5AZrXO-bKFg

Reminded me of her crash in the Rio RR IIRC
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm