2022 Tour de France Stage 1 Copenhagen > Copenhagen 13.2KM CLM ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,778
    Laporte slides out
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,842
    Oof, laporte slides off!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    It is drying out but just enough to.priduce false security perhaps
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Yates putting in a time here
  • Sprinter/lead out riding a wet TT on a TT bike
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    edited July 2022
    The Little Mermaid - the second most overrated tourist attraction in Europe. (Manneken Pis in Brussels is no.1)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    RichN95. said:

The Little Mermaid - the second most overrated tourist attraction in Europe. (Manneken Pis in Brussels is no.1)

"Juliette's" balcony takes some beating I would have thought.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,097
    RichN95. said:

At least with Manneken Pis, you don't have to walk far from interesting stuff to see it. The Little Mermaid, on the other hand, is miles from anywhere.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

RichN95. said:

"Juliette's" balcony takes some beating I would have thought.
    The tomb of Romeo and Juliet too ...
  • Pross
    Carlton shows his level of intelligence by saying that Mezgec is an intellectual on the basis that he's going to read a few books over the next 3 weeks. Sums things up.
  • mididoctors
    Ganna would have walked this if he had gone out now
  • hanshotfirst
    hanshotfirst Posts: 371
    Nice of Eurosport to bring Kirby on after all of the main stage and GC favourites have finished.

Top level bants.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 463
    Geraint Thomas was faster than Ganna between t1 and the finish. He was 3rd quickest behind Pog and Wout.

That's some going.
  • But strange in on ty erms of ranking. They do aid it's due to the be weather? It's like a RTTC ranking on the 00s
  • mididoctors
    Lampert is going good compared to WvA
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    edited July 2022
    Pross said:

Carlton shows his level of intelligence by saying that Mezgec is an intellectual on the basis that he's going to read a few books over the next 3 weeks. Sums things up.

Pross said:

Probably one of the the books was Carlton's own tour ramblings.
    Glad I had ITV on when Laporte crashed. Didn't want a Kirby induced heart attack.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    Lampaert new leader!
  • Pross
    Lampaert!?
  • RichN95.

Glad I had ITV on when Laporte crashed. Didn't want a Kirby induced heart attack.

I forgot this was on ITV. To be fair I am meant to be working.
  • mididoctors
    Lampert killed it ...road drying out
  • blazing_saddles
    The Jumbo look is back!

• Pross

But strange in on ty erms of ranking. They do aid it's due to the be weather? It's like a RTTC ranking on the 00s

Don't they just allocate slots to a team and the team decides which rider goes in which slot? Pre-stage it seemed the weather was predicted to be better earlier and so the top riders started in the earlier slots.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,208
    Pross said:

But strange in on ty erms of ranking. They do aid it's due to the be weather? It's like a RTTC ranking on the 00s

Don't they just allocate slots to a team and the team decides which rider goes in which slot? Pre-stage it seemed the weather was predicted to be better earlier and so the top riders started in the earlier slots.
    That's right.
  • Some really odd looking aero kit combinations on view today, Lampert’s normal sunglasses whilst wearing suspiciously high aero socks being just one of them :D
  • RichN95.
    So who can TT late on? Fuglsang? Castroviejo? Pidcock? Sanchez?
  • mididoctors
    Who's left out of the testers?
  • Liking the new super chilled Thomas who didn't even take his gilet off #marginalwhocares. Roll me a phat one
  • Pross said:

That's right.
    Been to that of long since a prologue/ TT I've forgotten
  • RichN95.

Who's left out of the testers?

There's a two time Olympic TT medallist still to come...
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2022
    The Jumbo look is back!

RichN95. said:

So who can TT late on? Fuglsang? Castroviejo? Pidcock? Sanchez?