replacement rim compatability?

Hi folks. I have damaged the rim on my bike (fulcrum 7db). it is unrepairable and want to source a replacement. I cannot find the same rim to purchase individually, so looking at any other rims. Can i put a dt swiss r470 db on it.. same 622 x 19?

Comments

• You will have many options for a replacement rim but if you're happy with the wheels I'd suggest that it is probably cheaper or at least as cheap to just buy a new set - the Fulcrum 7 DB wheelset is currently £160 on tweeks - a new rim plus labour to strip and re-build the wheel assuming you can find one that can utilise the existing spokes will likely cost similar to this.

My advice would be to buy the new set and flog the old front wheel and rear hub.
  • thebigman
    thebigman Posts: 57
    unfortunately im not based in the uk and wheels aren't readily available where im staying, and i have an LBS that'll build me the wheel.. thats why i want to use what i have and only purchase the rim.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited June 2022
    Where are you dude?

What bike?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thebigman
    thebigman Posts: 57
    im in rhodes in greece..
  • thebigman said:

unfortunately im not based in the uk and wheels aren't readily available where im staying, and i have an LBS that'll build me the wheel.. thats why i want to use what i have and only purchase the rim.

Ah OK - well you'll need an asymmetric rim and I don't think the DT Swiss one you reference is.

The DT RR411 may work - similar rim depth and is asymmetric. Would need a check on the rim ERD to make sure the same spokes could be re-used - you're local bikeshop should be able to assist with this.