thursday honing the ceremonial chunking blade

'ning

sunny start

ride and cafes, wfh and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good sleep and now a reasonable walk with the hounds.

Got away at a reasonable time yesterday so had fun on the fun bike - the guy that has just serviced it works on the World Cup downhill series so spot on unsurprisingly.

Later is a couple of hrs run with hills, need to find the motivation.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Suffering for yesterday evening's wet, windy and cold pedal (with pride).
    Today will be mowstly shenanigans.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Some free beer last night after work was good. Back to reality but wfh as not getting up early a second day on the trot.

Junior is off for a few days with her mates then doing a weeks vet experience at a pig farm in Wiltshire. Sounds fun...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Morning class.

Pre work Cragg Vale loop this morning, up the longest uninterrupted gradient in England.
    Do some work at work, then go home and do some more work.
    On the plus side, I have purchased a fence paint spray gun!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

I have purchased a fence paint spray gun!

This ^.

However, your standard weed killer spray device will deliver Water seal and do the same job without worrying about overspray as it is clear.
    I can do my whole shed: 8' x 12' + 4' x 12' (wood storage) + 8' x 4' (added on Bike shed) in less than 10 mins. And it works!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Thank you, we have about 25 panels to spray so it my be £50 well spent.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Women's Tour came past earlier, they're being treated to some local weather but funnily enough not local potholes which were filled in last night even though the council has been telling me for years they're not a hazard to anyone on a bike.

Kids out in force along the road from the local primary school cheering the riders on too.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Flu. RAT’s say not Covid at least, but will check again tomorrow.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Get well soon ws.
    Guess it's lurgy season down under?

Still seems to be quite a few people going down with covid around here, thankfully not totally down.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Yeah winter has hit with a bang this year. We had friends visiting for a few days over the weekend, and they'd wanted to go on a boat tour that's very popular here. Goes out from Bruny Island down to the Great Southern Ocean. I did say that in winter might be a bit bleak...

We went on Sunday. Cold but nice on the way down, turned ugly on way back, wind, rain, rough water. Suspect I picked up this from someone on that trip.

Done that trip before in more pleasant conditions and it's great.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS