30mm tyres

Looking for up to date experiences. I like 30mm tubeless tyres on the road bike. Great for winter lanes, easy gravel short cuts etc. Been using Schwalbe G One Speeds and the S Ones before that. Before that I was on Challenge Strada Biancas but made the move to tubeless. Just wondering what people use nowadays. The G ones are now very pricey given the time they last me. A rear does a couple of thousand miles thus about 4 months. The Challenges in tubless form are even more pricey. Any thoughts on something a touch cheaper? WTB Exposures get good ratings but the pair of 36mm's I had seemed fragile. Specialized do a Roubaix pro at a good price. Anything else ?

Comments

• schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Have you considered with the Panaracer Gravel King or the Gravel King SK depending on how much 'gravel' you ride. I think the Gravel King comes in both 28mm & 32mm but I think the SK starts at 32mm. You can pick them up for approximately £30-£35. Also there's the Specialized Roubaix Pro 2Bliss which is 31mm and can also be had around the £30 mark.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Had a first ride yesterday on the Exposure 32s that came on the wheels for my new-to-me gravel bike, having used my other wheels with some road 28s before. The WTBs were hammered over some gravel trails and worked well. Lacking in outright grip on the rough stuff but doing a better-than-expected job tbh. On road they have a decent rounded profile that gives no cornering surprises or requires adjustment when rolling into the shoulders. No signs of them being cut up from the off-road abuse I gave them.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    You probably won't get decent tubeless tyres cheaper than these. I have used the 25s and 28s in the past and they're very good. 30s are available too.

https://www.merlincycles.com/vittoria-rubino-pro-tlr-g20-folding-road-tyre-700c-186927.html
  • mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    They are on my list as well. Must point out that this is my road bike but if a bit of smooth, Forestry Commision gravel pops up who cares? The Rubinos are heading my list I suspect.