Stolen z85

Two years of careful stewardship and some lowlife tailgates into our block, then smashes the door of the bike shed, then seizes my Z85. Upgraded Mavic wheels, Shimano pads. Got very angry indeed then felt glad there had been no confrontation. Must’ve missed the thief by 3/4 mins. Would have run after them for sure, not the wisest thing. Keeping an eye on the usuals, Gumtree/eBay but likely on a bus to Eastern Europe…If you spot, please let me know!

Comments

• (Should add it was stolen from
    SE16, Surrey Quays. Bit of a hotspot.)
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Why would it be on a bus to Eastern Europe? Just as likely to be down the local boozer/housing estate/bus station.

Or doesn't that fit with a bit of Daily Heil readership?

#localsnickstufftoo

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,535
    Used to be blatantly stolen bikes openly for sale in various East London markets (Brick Lane and Greenwich are the ones I remember) every weekend, I'm going back 10 years but I suspect that little has changed since then.
  • MattFalle said:

Why would it be on a bus to Eastern Europe? Just as likely to be down the local boozer/housing estate/bus station.

Or doesn't that fit with a bit of Daily Heil readership?

#localsnickstufftoo

Should have added context - bike shop owner once told me there are routes to the continent for stolen bikes, simply because there's less chance of tracking. Not a high end carbon machine so on reflection the local boozer is more likely.